This is the list of features exclusive to the Legacy Console Edition.
The Mansion in the 1.3-1.4 (TU7-TU11) Tutorial World.
- Mini games
- Tumble mini-game
- Battle mini-game
- Glide mini-game
- World types
- Large, medium and small option due to the lack of infinite worlds (Xbox One and PS4 along with Classic).
- Biome Scale
- Small, medium, and large option. The small option is the default due to the lack of infinite worlds, so one world can have more biomes.
- There is a "Find Balanced Seed" option, selected by default, which makes the game randomly select seeds that have a better variety of biomes.
- Superflat Interface
- An interface for creating superflat worlds.
- The Nether
- Has limited size, and is slightly larger with a larger world size.
- The Nether-Overworld portal ratio is larger depending on world size: 1:3 in Classic and Small; 1:6 in Medium; and 1:8, like other versions of Minecraft, in Large.
- The edge of this dimension is made of bedrock.
- The Nether is hollow, with a flat ground, when using a superflat world.
- The End
- The maximum number of end gateway portals is four, rather than twenty.
- Each end gateway portal leads to only one island, which is as big as the main island. One of the four outer islands is guaranteed to spawn an end city.
- The size does not change with regard to world size. Even on Classic, the islands are so far apart that they are all on different Maps.
- Each of the five islands are surrounded by invisible walls, making it impossible to go between them without the use of end gateways.
- Command-like options
/gamerule command options except for
randomTickSpeed and some others with an interface.
- Game options
- Online Game
- Invite Only
- Allow friends of friends
- Player vs Player
- Host Privileges
- Daylight Cycle
- Weather Cycle
- Keep Inventory
- Mob Spawning
- Mob Griefing
- Mob Loot
- Tile Drops
- Natural Regeneration
- Biome Scale Slider
- Find Balanced Seed
- HUD Options
- Interface Opacity
- Interface Sensitivity
- Display HUD
- Display Hand
- In-Game Tooltips
- In-Game Gamertags
- Splitscreen Gamertags
- Hud Size
- Hud Size (Splitscreen)
- Other options
Blocks and items
- Nether Wart
- The Player always begins a new world with a map. This was changed in TU31/CU19/1.22 to be an empty map.
- Maps will display the coordinates that the player is located at.
- Maps are only available in 1024x1024 area size (1:8 scale, zoom step 3) maps.
- Cannot be zoomed out or in.
- Are snapped to a grid different from Java Edition and Pocket Edition.
- Grass Paths
- Have an automatic crafting option
- Music discs
- The music disc "Wait" is named "Where are we now".
- After the music disc "Cat" finishes playing, the soundtrack "Dog" starts playing.
- Pre-crafted fireworks are available in Creative Mode.
Mobs & entities
- Wither skeletons
- Spawn in all parts of the Nether rather than only in Nether fortresses.
- Twice the speed than in Java Edition.
|Legacy Console Edition
||Added a simplified crafting manual.
|The Player will always spawn in the world with a map.
||Made cake stackable to 64.
|Nether wart has random generation around the nether rather than in nether fortresses only.
||Blazes now drop 0-2 glowstone dust when killed.
||Added the end, with all exclusive features in it.
||Added Texture Packs and Mash-up packs.
||Doubled minecart speed.
||Added Donkey and mule spawn eggs.
|Fireworks in creative inventory.
||Added 30 achievements, with 20 already in game, making 50 total vs. Java Edition's 34. (Xbox 360 and PS3)
||Added Battle mini-game.
||Added Tumble mini-game.
||Added automatic banner crafting interface.
|Grass paths in creative inventory.
|Frosted Ice is obtainable with Silk Touch.
|New sleeping animation.
||Added automatic firework crafting interface.
||Added Glide mini-game.
||Added Biome Scale slider and Find Balanced Seed option.
|Added separate dye crafting interface.
|Added woodland mansions, and made them and ocean monuments generate more frequently.