Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Sends a private message to one or more players. "w" or "msg" can also be used.
- Java Edition
tell <player> <message ...>
msg <player> <message ...>
w <player> <message ...>
- Bedrock Edition
tell <target: target> <message: message>
msg <target: target> <message: message>
w <target: target> <message: message>
- player (BE: target: target)
- message(BE: message: message)
- Fails if the arguments are not specified correctly, if any target selectors in either argument fail to resolve to at least one online player, or if a named player is not online.
- On success, only the targeted player(s) see the private message in their chat. If a multi-person target selector (e.g., @a) is used in message, the list of names is formatted as "name1 and name2" for two players, or "name1, name2, ... and nameN" for N players. Target selectors in the message are not recognized in Pocket Edition.
- To privately tell Alice to start the mission:
tell Alice Start the mission!
|Java Edition Alpha|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 1||Added |