Sets the world spawn.
- Java Edition
setworldspawn <x> <y> <z>
- Bedrock Edition
setworldspawn [spawnPoint: x y z]
- x y z (BE: spawnPoint: x y z) (optional)
- Specifies the coordinates of the world spawn. x and z must be within the range -30,000,000 to 30,000,000 (inclusive). y must be between 0 and 256 (inclusive). May use tilde notation to specify coordinates relative to the command's execution. If not specified, defaults to the position of the command's execution. Not optional in command blocks.
- If the server is not in adventure mode, players always spawn on the topmost block near (x,z) — y is effectively ignored. If the server is in adventure mode, then the new spawnpoint is exactly at the given coordinates, including the y coordinate (even if underground and even if there isn't a block there) — if the y level given does not have space for the player then the spawnpoint moves up on the y axis until it does, at most y level 256.
- Fails if the arguments are not specified correctly.
- On success, sets the world spawn to the specified coordinate.
- Normal spawn spreading still applies, can be set with a gamerule.
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 1||Added |