As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Grants operator status to a player.
- Java Edition
- Bedrock Edition
op <player: target>
- In Java Edition, must be a collection of game profiles (player profiles), which can be a player name (must be a real one if the server is in online mode), or a player-type target selector.
- In Bedrock Edition, must be a player name or a target selector. And the target selector must be of player type.
- Specified the player to be grant op to.
|Command||Trigger||Java Edition||Bedrock Edition|
|any||the arguments are not specified correctly||Unparseable||Failed|
|if all specified players are already op or higher.||Failed|
|On success||Grants target(s) operator status.|
|any||Java Edition||On fail||N/A||0||0|
|On success||N/A||1||the number of players who are newly granted op|
- Level 1 Ops can bypass spawn protection. No commands are assigned for this level.
- Level 2 Ops can use all commands, except
/save-on, and can edit command blocks. (Single player cheating)
4 is the highest OP level. Any level op also has the lower levels' permissions.
|Java Edition Classic|
|0.0.15a (Multiplayer Test 3)||Added |
|Java Edition Indev|
|0.31||Removed all commands.|
|Java Edition Alpha|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 1||Added |