Kills entities (players, mobs, items, etc.).
kill [target: target]
- Specifies the target(s) to be killed. Must be a player name, a target selector, or a UUID[Java Edition only].
- If not specified, defaults to the executor who executed the command. Not optional if executor isn't an entity.
- Permits entities other than players (including "non-living" entities like items, minecarts, etc.).
On success, directly kills non-living targets, even if they are protected by a high-level Resistance effect or by a totem of undying, and issues the appropriate death message. Players and mobs killed this way drop loot, and slimes and magma cubes that are not already of minimum size spawn smaller ones. Destroys boats, minecarts, loose items and experience orbs if they are targeted.
- To kill the player executing the command:
- To kill the player Steve:
- To kill item entities:
- To kill all entities within 10 blocks:
- To kill all entities except players:
|Java Edition Alpha|
|Parsing of the command is now more strict, rejecting extra characters after the command name (such as |
|1.6.1||13w24b||The damage dealt by |
|Replaced the "Ouch! That looked like it hurt" message with "Killed player".|
|14w02c||To fix , |
|1.13||17w45a||target argument is no longer optional.|
|1.15||19w38a||target argument is once again optional.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 1||Added |