Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Kills entities (players, mobs, items, etc.).
- Java Edition
- Bedrock Edition
kill [target: target]
- player|entity (BE: target: target)
- Fails if player|entity fails to resolve to one or more entities (named players must be online).
- On success, directly kills non-living targets, or inflicts 3.4 x 1038 void damage to living targets — even if they are protected by a high-level Resistance effect or by a Totem of undying — and issues the appropriate death message. Players and mobs killed this way drop loot, and slimes and magma cubes that aren't already of minimum size spawn smaller ones. Destroys boats, minecarts, loose items and experience orbs if they are targeted.
- To kill yourself:
kill[Bedrock Edition only] or
- To kill the player Bob:
- To kill item entities:
- To kill all entities, including yourself:
- To kill all entities but players:
|Java Edition Alpha|
|1.6.1||13w24b||The damage dealt by |
|14w02c||To fix , |
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 1||Added |