- Java Edition
enchant <targets> <enchantment> [<level>]
- Bedrock Edition
enchant <player: target> <enchantmentId: int> [level: int]
enchant <player: target> <enchantmentName: Enchant> [level: int]
- Specifies the (s). Must be a player name, target selector or a UUID[Java Edition only].
- Permits entities other than players.
enchantmentId: int or
- Specifies the enchantment to be added to the item held by the target. Must be a valid enchantment ID.
- Specifies the enchantment level. Must be at least 1 and not greater than the maximum level for the specified enchantment. If not specified, defaults to 1.
Fails if arguments are not specified correctly, if
<targets> fails to resolve to one or more online players, if the enchantment is not valid for the item,[note 1] or if the enchantment conflicts with current enchantments (for example, "Piercing" cannot be given to a crossbow which already has "Multishot", and "Sharpness III" cannot be given to a sword which already has "Sharpness I").
On success, adds the specified enchantment to the item held by the target.
- To give the Infinity enchantment to all players holding a bow:
/enchant @a infinity
- To enchant the executing player's held sword with Sharpness 5:
/enchant @s sharpness 5
|This section is a stub, meaning that it lacks some important information. You can help by expanding it with further information relating to the topic.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.16.0||build 5||Added |