Add or remove status effects on players and other entities.
- Java Edition
effect clear [<targets>] [<effect>](removes an effect)
effect give <targets> <effect> [<seconds>] [<amplifier>] [<hideParticles>](gives an effect)
- Bedrock Edition
effect <player: target> clear(removes all effects)
effect <player: target> <effect: Effect> [seconds: int] [amplifier: int] [hideParticles: Boolean](gives or removes an effect)
- Specifies the target(s). Must be a player name, a target selector or a UUID[Java Edition only]
- Permits entities other than players.
- Specifies the effect to add or remove. Must be a status effect id.
- Specifies the effect's duration in seconds. Must be between 1 and 1,000,000[Java Edition only], or 1 and 100,000[Bedrock Edition only]. (inclusive, without the commas). If not specified, defaults to 30 seconds.
- Specifies the number of additional levels to add to the effect. Must be between 0 and 255 (inclusive). If not specified, defaults to 0. Note that the first tier of a status effect (e.g. Regeneration I) is 0, so the second tier, for example Regeneration II, would be specified by an amplifier level of 1.
- Specifies whether the particles and the HUD indicator[Java Edition only] of the status effect should be hidden. Must be either
false. If not specified, defaults to
Fails if arguments are not specified correctly, if
<targets> fails to resolve to one or more valid entities (named players must be online), if
<seconds> was specified as 0 and the target did not have the effect in Bedrock Edition, or if no effects were removed in
clearmode — clears status effects from the target(s).
effect give(BE: effect) mode — Adds the status effect to the target(s). If a target already has the status effect, a new status effect with the same amplifier overrides the old duration only if it is longer, but a new status effect with a higher duration overrides any previous duration. In Bedrock Edition, if seconds is set to 0, cancels the specified effect instead.
- To grant a Speed II effect to the nearest player for 60 seconds:
effect give @p minecraft:speed 60 1[Java Edition only] or
effect @p speed 60 1[Bedrock Edition only]
- To grant a Speed III effect to the nearest player for 60 seconds:
effect give @p minecraft:speed 60 2[Java Edition only] or
effect @p speed 60 2[Bedrock Edition only]
- To clear any Haste effects from all players:
effect clear @a minecraft:haste[Java Edition only] or
effect @a haste 0[Bedrock Edition only]
- To clear all effects from all zombies:
effect clear @e[type=zombie][Java Edition only] or
effect @e[type=zombie] clear[Bedrock Edition only]
|1.0.5||alpha 220.127.116.11||Added |
|alpha 18.104.22.168||The |