Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This feature is exclusive to Java Edition.|
These commands control a server's banlist, or blacklist. A blacklist is a list of players or IP addresses that are not allowed to connect to the server. Bans supersede any whitelisting in place.
Adds a player to the blacklist.
ban <name> [<reason>]
- Name of the player to be added to the blacklist. Does not have to be online or even real
- Message to display to the banned player, to other operators, and in the server logs.
- Always succeeds. The player name is added to the server blacklist, which prevents anyone with that name from connecting to the server
Bans a player by IP number. Cannot be undone in-game;
banned-ip.txt must manually be changed.
The Classic equivalent of
banip (<address>|<name>) [<reason>]
Adds an IP address to the blacklist.
ban-ip (<address>|<name>) [<reason>]
- An IP address or name of an online player
- A message to display to the banned player, to other operators, and in the server logs
- On success, the narrowly-specified address or that of of the named, online player is added to the server blacklist, preventing anyone from connecting to the server from that address.
- Fails if either the IP address or player name is invalid
Displays the server's blacklist.
- Always succeeds. Displays banned IP addresses or banned players.
|Java Edition Classic|
|0.0.15a (Multiplayer Test 3)||Added |
|Java Edition Indev|
|0.31||Removed all commands.|
|Java Edition Alpha|