|This feature is exclusive to Java Edition.|
Gives or takes an advancement from one or more players.
advancement (grant|revoke) <targets> everything
advancement (grant|revoke) <targets> only <advancement> [<criterion>]
advancement (grant|revoke) <targets> (from|through|until) <advancement>
- Specify whether to add or remove the to-be-specified advancement(s).
- Specify one player or more, using a target selector.
- Specify all loaded advancements for addition/removal.
- Specify an advancement and all its children advancements for addition/removal.
- Think of specifying everything from that advancement to the end.
- The exact order the operation is carried out in is specified advancement > child > child's child > ... When it operates on a child that branches, it iterates through all its children before continuing.
- Specifying a single advancement for addition/removal.
- Specify an advancement, all its parent advancements, and all its children advancements for addition/removal.
- Think of specifying everything through the specified advancement, going both backwards and forwards.
- The exact order the operation is as if the command were executed with "until" specified, then with "from" specified: parent > parent's parent > ... > root > specified advancement > child > child's child > ...
- Specify an advancement and all its parent advancements until the root for addition/removal.
- Think of specifying everything from the start until that advancement.
- The exact order the operation is carried out in is parent > parent's parent > ... > root > specified advancement.
- A valid advancement identifier; specifies which advancement to target.
- A valid advancement criterion identifier; specifies which criterion of the advancement to manipulate.
- This defaults to the entire advancement.
- If specified, the command refers to merely the criterion and not the entire advancement.
- On success, grants or removes the specified advancement(s) to the player(s).
- Fails if the arguments are invalid or if <targets> fails to resolve to one or more online players.
- To grant the "Cover Me With Diamonds!" advancement to yourself, execute
/advancement grant @p only minecraft:story/shiny_gear.