dec: 347 hex: 15B bin: 101011011
|— The Halloween Update promo poster|
|Gold Ingot +
Clocks can be found in 7.7% of shipwreck map chests in stacks of 1.
Expert-level librarian villagers have 1⁄3 chance to sell a single clock for 4 emeralds as part of their trades.[Bedrock Edition only]
Expert-level librarian villagers have a 50% chance to sell a clock for 5 emeralds.[Java Edition only]
The clock dial consists of two halves, a day side and a night side. The dial spins clockwise slowly to indicate the time of day, corresponding to the sun or moon's actual position in the sky. The player is able to sleep a few seconds after the clock shows exactly dusk.
Note: This video doesn't state that Clocks can be found in buried treasure.
|Java Edition Alpha|
|v1.2.0||Added clocks. Unlike most items the clock combines 2 textures, one being the actual clock, and the other, the dial. So the player may change the clock's texture without worrying about breaking the dial, as long as they do not change the transparency.|
|1.3.1||12w21a||Librarian villagers now sell clocks for 10–11 emeralds.|
|1.5||13w02a||The clock uses one texture and uses the new animation feature included in texture packs.|
|1.6.1||13w24a||Clocks are now broken up into individual textures, instead of combining 2 textures.|
|1.8||14w02a||Librarian villagers now sell clocks for 10–12 emeralds.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 347.|
|18w14a||Clocks can now be found in Shipwreck Map Rooms.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|?||Added clocks, with no function or legitimate method of obtaining.|
|0.8.0||build 2||Clocks are now functional and craftable.|
|Updated the clock texture.|
|1.0.4||alpha 22.214.171.124||Librarian villagers now sell clocks for 10-12 emerald.|
|1.4.0||beta 126.96.36.199||Clocks can now be found inside map room chests in shipwrecks.|
|1.11.0||beta 188.8.131.52||Trading changed, librarian villagers now have 1⁄3 chance to sell a clock for 4 emeralds as part of their trades.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU1||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added clocks.|
- In Java Edition, a clock can be viewed under the item statistics page as long as one obtained a clock at some point. It can also be viewed in recipe book if the recipe for it has been unlocked.
- In Java Edition, the default resource pack for the clock contains 64 individual frames.
- When the time of day changes suddenly, such as after sleeping or when
/timeis used, the clock dial will spin rapidly to catch up.
- After completing 100 day-and-night cycles in Legacy Console and Bedrock editions, the player is awarded an achievement, and in Xbox 360 Edition, they are also awarded a miniature clock wristwatch for the Xbox Live avatar to wear.
- Although clocks do not function in the Nether or the End, the actual day-night cycle does continue.