The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Classic 0.0.19a
June 19, 2009
Client not archived
|This version is currently missing.|
- Removed sand and cobblestone from the inventory (hotbar) because of a lack of space.
- It is still possible to build with these blocks using the "Pick Block" key.
- Water and lava now have animated textures.
- Limited frame rate.
- Fixed a client crash bug in chat.
- Sponges sometimes do not soak up water when placed and removed in certain ways.
- Water cannot be seen through glass.
- Water has Z-fighting issues.
- A version of Wurm Online, which Notch developed from 2003, is called "0.0.19a".
- June 19 IRC logs: IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090619.log. June 19, 2009 (UTC−5).
- June 20 IRC logs: IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090620.log. June 20, 2009 (UTC−5).
- "Client 0.0.19a is up, a server update is required" – The Word of Notch, June 20, 2009, 22:39:41 UTC.
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:35:47 * Notch changes topic to 'http://www.minecraft.net/ | Client 0.0.19a is up, a server update is required!'" (22:35:47 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:40:07 <wingboy> whats the area the sponge defloods?" [...] "P5:40:13 <Notch> wingboy, 5^3" (22:40 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:39:42 <Tiralmo> Spange dissappears after a time period?" [...] "P5:39:48 <Notch> yes, it "dries out". ;)" (20:39 UTC)
- "Glass (looks pretty bad..) and sponge!" – Notch, June 16, 2009, Tumblr
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:59:14 <Notch> I might just revert the glass to the horrible non-transparent texture from the screenshot" [...] "P5:59:49 <Evil-Ville> I actually liked the old glass more Notch" (22:59 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:51:24 <Evil-Ville> I think glass looks like ice though" (22:51:24 UTC)
- June 20 IRC logs: "A5:46:36 <akuryo> the old one is better [...] the new one has borders"
- June 20 IRC logs: "A5:48:22 <Snowman> the old glass looked better [...] but [...] it was invisible under water"
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:38:29 <Notch> NaiiveMelody: They didn't fit in the inventory. They will come back in the next update" (22:33:29 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:39:20 <wingboy> notch new lava is awesome" [...] "P5:39:54 <Evil-Ville> New water looks nice" [...] "P5:41:55 <Droqen> Whoa, water animation o_o" [...] "P5:46:06 <Droqen> Water is animated" (22:39 to 22:46 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:43:30 <peerkoel> here's a glitch: build two sponges deep underwater next to each other, delete one, it all floods" [...] "P5:44:03 <Droqen> Water can fall into a sponged area if you remove a block from where it would fall into" [...] "P5:45:00 <wingboy> water just filled in around my sponge :P" (22:43 to 22:45 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P5:48:51 <wingboy> water cant be seen through glass :P" (22:48:51 UTC)
- June 19 IRC logs: "P6:19:54 <liq3> Notch: will the new texture stop z-fighting with water on the sides?" [...] "P6:44:07 <LKA> water has lines between each tile, now?" [...] "P6:45:06 <LKA> water has lines between the textures now so" [...] "P6:46:12 <vdgmprgrmr> Whoa, I'm seeing blue lines in the water now..." [...] "P6:47:14 <vdgmprgrmr> If you go to the edge of a cliff with water at the bottom, and look straight down, you'll see lines." [...] "P9:03:54 <Redshift> notch, are you going to fix the lines that appear along the water texture?" (June 19, 2009, 23:19 UTC, to June 20, 2009, 02:03 UTC)