May 22, 2009 (original version)
A version called "0.0.13a" is available in the launcher. However, it has many differences from the version called 0.0.13a in 2009, which appeared to support regular terrain, whereas the launcher version strictly uses flat terrain. This may mean that the version from the launcher is in fact an early testing version of 0.0.13a solely intended for testing level size, and the true 0.0.13a is lost to time.
- "Huge" level size.
- Level saving for players with accounts
- Feature for registered and logged in players.
- 5 slots total
- http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?name=<username>&id=<the slot saved in, starting from 0>''
- Reverted the sapling texture change.
- Game ratio is now 854x480, not 640x480.
- "Minecraft: Huge level, teaser of 0.0.13a" – Archive Nizzotch Archive via YouTube
- "Minecraft (alpha)" by Markus Persson. TIGSource Forums, May 22, 2009.
- minecraft.net goes live, and you can save your levels now!