Java Edition Classic 0.0.11a
Original: May 17, 2009
A version of 0.0.11a with a compilation date of 2013 is available in the launcher; the original 2009 version remains lost. It is thought that the 0.0.11a version supplied in the launcher is a very early development build of 0.0.12a, as files inside date to a day after the release of 0.0.11a and contains traces of early server software.
- 1 bug fixed
- Fixed an issue with start and destroy functions making the game unplayable.
"lwjgl IRC logs" (archived) – echelog.com, May 17, 2009 (UTC+2).
- "Minecraft 0.0.11a for public consumption" – The Word of Notch, May 17, 2009
- LWJGL IRC Logs: "[13:56:55] <Notch_> ok, it's up. 0.0.11a" (11:56 UTC)
- "Minecraft (alpha)" by Markus Persson. TIGSource, May 17, 2009.
- LWJGL IRC logs: "[13:53:34] <Notch_> I forgot to take out the normal start() and destroy().." (11:53 UTC)
- "This made me smile. =D" – The Word of Notch, May 19, 2009.
- This version was used to mark the 10 year anniversary of Minecraft.