dec: 240 hex: F0 bin: 11110000
Chorus plants can be broken using any tool. Breaking one block of a chorus tree will also generally cause all chorus plants and flowers above to break due to lack of support. Upon breaking, a chorus plant drops 0–1 chorus fruit.
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
Chorus plants make up most of the chorus trees that are naturally generated on the outer islands of the End. Chorus trees are typically 10–15 blocks in height, although a single plant can reach up to 22 blocks.
Chorus plants are generated as chorus flowers grow.
Chorus plants can be broken to obtain chorus fruit.
Chorus plant blocks will break automatically (potentially dropping fruit), if the six surrounding blocks are not valid:
- Chorus plant with at least one other chorus plant horizontally adjacent will break unless at least one of the vertically adjacent blocks is air
- Chorus plant will break unless the block below is chorus plant or end stone or any horizontally adjacent block is a chorus plant above chorus plant or end stone
- See also: Block states
||When true, the plant extends out from the center of the plant-block in this direction.|
|1.9||June 22, 2015||Jeb reveals chorus plants on Instagram, with the words "MINECON 2015 HYPE!"|
|15w31a||Chorus plants added.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 199.|
|1.0||build 1||Chorus plants added. The block form could be obtained in survival using the Silk Touch enchantment.|
|build 4||The block form can no longer be obtained in survival, even with the Silk Touch enchantment.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU46||CU36||1.38||Patch 15||Added chorus plants.|
- Using commands, it is possible to make chorus trees grow to heights not normally possible. This works because commands can reset the time value of chorus flowers, allowing them to grow indefinitely.
- Because breaking one part of the plant breaks all parts above it, cutting a large plant can cause a brief performance drop.
- Even in Creative, chorus plants still drop chorus fruit.
- Chorus plants can attach to the side of end stone blocks as well as the top, and can even attach to multiple end stone blocks.
The first image of chorus plants, revealed on Jens Bergensten's Instagram.