The Chemistry Update is the name for Minecraft: Education Edition version 1.0.27, an update that was released on February 22, 2018.
- Element Constructor
- It allows you to create elements based on their atomic structure with sliders to choose the number of protons, neutrons and electrons.
- There are 118 elements from the Periodic Table as well as over 400 stable isotopes.
- Compound Creator
- Add elements to the grid and the resulting compound will appear to use
- There are over 30 compounds that can be created with this tool – from luminol and hydrogen peroxide to charcoal and soap.
- Lab Table
- Material Reducer
- It reduces a block to its component elements, providing a useful way to explore the elements that make up our environment.
- Since some blocks in Minecraft do not exist in the natural world, there is a “?” element for these as well to encourage curiosity of learners.