Cave game tech test
Cave Game tech demo
May 10, 2009
Cave game tech test is the name of a video released by Notch on 13 May 2009. While the version shown was never publicly available to play, it was developed from May 10, 2009, and showcased on May 13, 2009. It is the first known version of Minecraft, or Cave Game, as it was referred to in this time period.
- World Generation
- 256x64x256 tile map.
- Caves: This was a very odd version. It reached down until a few blocks before the last layer of cobblestone, making a ravine.
- Creative mode: This was an extremely basic version of it. The player could not fly or place blocks and there was no inventory or hotbar to get them from.
- The player
- Currently have no visible model.
- 1.7 meters (5 ft 7 in) tall.
- Air (not listed internally as a block at this time).