Buzzy Bees is a major update, mainly focused on bees and the items relating to them, as well as also fixing bugs from previous versions. The update was released on December 10, 2019, only for the Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft.
This update was released on Java Edition as version 1.15. This update's development started with snapshot 19w34a, which was released on August 22, 2019,. The first pre-release for Java Edition 1.15 was released on November 21, 2019, followed by the second on November 25, the third on November 28, the fourth on December 3, the fifth on December 5, the sixth on December 6 and the seventh on December 9.
- New blocks:
- New items:
- New mob:
- 1.15.1 was released to fix some bugs.
- 1.15.2 added new game rules, made some changes for bees and fixed some bugs.
- 184.108.40.206 was released exclusively on PS4 to fix several bugs related to the Bedrock Edition PS4 launch.
- 1.14.41 was released exclusively on PS4 to fix several bugs related to the Bedrock Edition PS4 launch.
- 1.14.60 was released to fix even more bugs.
A trailer for the update was released on December 11, 2019. Similarly, this trailer was made by Mojang themselves instead of Hat Films, similar to the 4 previous trailers.
Videos made by slicedlime:
- This was the first update that excluded a release for a version of Legacy Console Edition.
- This is the second update to not have "Update" in its official name, after Village & Pillage.
- This update is the first full release update since Java Edition 1.9 to add only one mob.
- This update marked the arrival of Bedrock Edition on PlayStation 4, discontinuing the final updated Legacy Console Edition, PlayStation 4 Edition.
- "Buzzy Bees should be fully available by December 11th. Java Edition in specific is releasing 10th." – @slicedlime, December 5, 2019
- "10th, same as Java" – @helenangel, December 6, 2019
- "Minecraft Snapshot 19w34a" – Minecraft.net, August 22, 2019
- "Minecraft 1.15 Pre-Release 7" – Minecraft.net, November 21, 2019