Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
See § Drops
Kill Adult: 1–3
Red mooshrooms can spawn on mycelium blocks in mushroom fields biomes in herds of 4–8, when the light level is 9 or higher. They do not naturally spawn in any other biome. A red mooshroom transforms into a brown mooshroom (and vice versa) when it is struck by lightning.
Mooshrooms spawn at light level 7 or above. 5% of them spawn as babies. Brown mooshrooms are not available.
A pair of mooshrooms can breed after being given wheat. A mooshroom cannot be bred with a cow, unless the mooshroom has been sheared.
Feeding wheat to a baby mooshroom shortens its growing time by 10% of the remaining time.
Baby mooshrooms do not have mushrooms on their backs. Mushrooms appear once the baby grows to an adult.
Breeding two red mooshrooms has a 1⁄1024 chance to spawn a brown baby variant, and vice versa.
When breeding a red mooshroom and a brown mooshroom together, there is 1⁄2 chance of getting a red baby variant, and a 1⁄2 chance of getting a brown baby variant.
When an adult cow is killed, it drops:
- 0–2 Leather. The maximum amount is increased by 1 per level of Looting, for a maximum of 0-5 with Looting III.
- 1–3 Raw Beef (Steak if killed while on fire). The maximum amount is increased by 1 per level of Looting, for a maximum of 1-6 with Looting III.
- 1–3 experience (when killed by a player or tamed wolf)
When a flower is used on a brown mooshroom, the brown mooshroom produces a suspicious stew related to that flower the next time it is milked with a bowl. The mooshroom returns to producing mushroom stew until fed another flower.
Like other baby animals, killing a baby mooshroom yields no items or experience.
Mooshrooms tend to walk around slowly and aimlessly, huffing and mooing occasionally. They avoid danger such as cliffs, fire or lava, but make no attempt to stay out of water.
A mooshroom follows a player holding wheat.
Red mooshrooms convert to brown mooshrooms, and brown convert to red, when they are struck by lightning.
Mooshrooms have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- Additional fields for mobs that can breed see Template:Nbt inherit/breedable/template
- Type: The type of mooshroom this is.
- EffectId: Optional. A byte indicating the type of the status effect the brown mooshroom may give to a suspicious stew.
- EffectDuration: Optional. An integer indicating the duration of the status effect the brown mooshroom may give to a suspicious stew.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Repopulation||Breed two cows with wheat||Breed two cows or two mooshrooms.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||15G||Bronze|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|The Parrots and the Bats||Breed two animals together||Husbandry||—|
|Two by Two||Breed all the animals!||The Parrots and the Bats||Breed pairs of each of these 14 mobs. Other breedable mobs, if any, are ignored for the advancement.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9 Prerelease||Added mooshrooms.|
|They could not be milked with a bucket like regular cows can. Right clicking on a mooshroom with more than one bowl equipped will turn the whole stack into just one bowl of mushroom stew.|
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2||Breeding a cow with a mooshroom may result in either, chosen randomly. The offspring may be more likely to be the kind the player gave wheat to first, similarly to sheep.|
|Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3||The mooshroom's horns have now been moved.|
|The mooshroom udder's model is changed, but the texture isn't changed to match the new model, resulting in the broken udder glitch.|
|Added baby mooshrooms.|
|Mooshrooms can now be bred with wheat.|
|1.2.1||12w07a||Mooshrooms can no longer breed with cows.|
|12w07b||Mooshrooms have a new AI.|
|1.4.2||12w38a||Added new step, hurt, and idle sounds for mooshroom.|
|1.8||14w02a||Baby mooshroom growth can now be accelerated using wheat.|
|14w05b||Mooshroom's mushrooms are no longer visible when they have the Invisibility effect.|
|14w26b||Mooshrooms will now require mycelium, not grass, for random spawning and spawning from mob spawners.|
|1.8.2||1.8.2-pre5||Fixed mooshroom udder texture not displaying correctly.|
|Fixed mooshrooms incorrectly displaying custom mushroom models.|
|1.9||15w39a||Mooshrooms are now slightly taller (1.4 blocks tall rather than 1.3, with babies 0.7 blocks tall rather than 0.65).|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID of the mooshroom has now been changed from |
|MINECON Earth 2018||The Mojang panel debates whether to add brown mooshrooms.|
|1.14||18w43a||The textures of the mooshroom and baby mooshroom has now been changed.|
|19w08a||Added brown mooshroom variant, which spawn when a regular mooshroom is struck by lightning.|
|Brown mooshrooms give the player suspicious stew when fed a flower.|
|Breeding two red mooshrooms has 1⁄1024 to spawn a brown baby variant, and vice versa.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.9.0||build 1||Added mooshrooms and their baby variant.|
|0.14.0||build 1||Baby zombie jockeys can now mount mooshrooms when trying to attack players, villagers, or golems.|
|0.15.0||build 1||Baby husks can now mount mooshrooms.|
|1.1.0||alpha 18.104.22.168||The entity ID of the mooshroom has now been changed from |
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU7||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added mooshrooms and baby mooshrooms.|
|Mooshrooms can be bred using wheat.|
|TU14||1.04||Using a mooshroom spawn egg, baby mooshrooms can now be spawned by using // on an adult mooshroom.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Baby mooshroom growth can now be accelerated using wheat.|
|Updated mooshroom sounds.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
- The name "Mooshroom" is a portmanteau for "moo" (which is an onomatopoeia of the sound a cow makes) and "mushroom".
- In Legacy Console Edition, mooshrooms and cows have separate spawn limits. This means if the player has reached their cow limit, they cannot shear a mooshroom, getting a error message when trying.
- As of 1.14, mooshrooms are the fourth mob in the game that are directly affected by being struck by lightning.
- "Mooblooms! A new mob variant in Minecraft Earth!" – @jorax79, July 17, 2019