|This feature is exclusive to Java Edition.|
|— Dinnerbone on Brigadier|
Brigadier is a command parser and dispatcher, designed and developed for Minecraft: Java Edition, mainly maintained by Dinnerbone. It is the first library used by Java Edition that Mojang has released under an open-source license. 
Brigadier is used for parsing and executing string commands.
- Define command nodes with argument or literal branches
- Modify/fork command source in command contexts
- Active inspection on command parsing
- Listing all possible commands from current command node
- Handle command result real-time on execution success/failure
- Recursive command node redirection
/execute runredirects to the root node of the vanilla command dispatcher
|This section is a stub, meaning that it lacks some important information. You can help by expanding it with further information relating to the topic. |
Reason: I can't find that Brigadier has some limitations, because?
|October 25, 2014||Dinnerbone mentions Brigadier in the comments on.|
|July 27, 2017||Dinnerbone discloses a non-obfuscated command parser library called "brigadier".|
|1.13||17w45a||Commands are now handled with Brigadier.|
|Minecraft introduces Brigadier as a dependency.|
|September 26, 2018||Brigadier is open sourced under the MIT License.|
|1.14||19w08a||Allows single quotes for strings in commands.|
/executecommand tree, which utilizes an overwhelming amount of the brigadier features.
/tagcommand tree, showing the difference between actual executed commands (red nodes) versus the first literal after the root (the "tag" box)
/msgcommand tree, showing that aliases have been implemented by brigadier's command node redirection functionality (dashed lines)
- "Programmers: Play with Minecraft's Inner Workings!" – Minecraft.net
- "Mojang/brigadier: Brigadier is a command parser & dispatcher, designed and developed for Minecraft: Java Edition." – GitHub
- "Contributors to Mojang/brigadier" – GitHub
- "We just pulled in our very first community contributed code into a Minecraft Java Edition official library. Woo! 🎉 Want to help out? The first library we've opened is our command engine - it's MIT licensed so you can freely use it in your own projects!" – @Dinnerbone
- "Added copyright header, LICENSE, and README.md by Dinnerbone · Pull Request #8 · Mojang/brigadier" by boq. Mojang/brigadier – GitHub "I'd argue that most people identify command by first literal after root, so that would make "command" a sub-tree and not just path leading to leaf node. /bikeshedding".
- "Inspecting a command" – Mojang/brigadier – GitHub
- "Displaying usage info" – Mojang/brigadier – GitHub
- "Preparation for OSS :)" - Preparing for the open source software – Mojang/brigadier – GitHub
- "Allow single quote in strings by boq · Pull Request #52" – Mojang/brigadier – GitHub