We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Beta Sound Update
November 11, 2011
|Other editions of Sound Update|
The Beta sound update was an update to the game's sound assets that released on November 11, 2011. The client version was not updated. Sound effects were updated, and previously unimplemented sound effects were newly implemented. Two days later, additional sounds were updated as the first release candidate for 1.0.0 was made available.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The arrow firing sound was changed.
- The chest opening and closing now has its own sound, different from the door sound.
- Wooden and iron doors, trapdoors and fence gates' opening and closing sounds were changed.
- Experience orbs now make a twinkling sound when collected.
- Thrown item (snowball, chicken egg, fishing rod and Eye of Ender) sounds were changed.
- Explosions now have several new, slightly differing sounds instead of just one.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After the sounds were updated, they applied to all Minecraft versions, including all beta and alpha versions.