Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4
Minecraft Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4
October 13, 2011
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4 is the fourth pre-release for 1.0.0.
- Now functions properly
- Redesigned graphically.
- The white cobblestone texture introduced in the previous pre-release was changed and end stone was added as a block with the overhauled texture.
- Used to brew potions of healing instead of ghast tears.
- Now used for potions of regeneration.
- Created by brewing an existing potion with gunpowder.
- Has an Area of Effect when thrown.
- New boss mob.
- Spawns in the End dimension.
- Now fully implemented.
- New settings:
- Placing fluids (water or lava) with a bucket treats other fluid source blocks like solid blocks, allowing the player to place them on top of each other without an adjacent wall.
- Added a swirl effect while under the effect of a Status effect.
- The Sun and Moon now rise in the east and set in the west, based on the top of maps being North, and are round.
- The Moon now has multiple phases, somewhat akin to the real Moon.
- The player can reload the texture pack by pressing F3+T.
- Version number
- No longer displays
5 bugs fixed
- Enchanting is now server-side instead of being only a client-side change.
- Fixed ⇧ Shift + Click crash bug with enchanting tables and brewing stands.
- Critical hits now appear in multiplayer.
- Glass towers stretching to the top of the map no longer appear over strongholds.
- Fixed all minecart with furnace bugs, except the lighting bug.
- This version was reuploaded to fix the incorrect version number, which still displayed as "Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3".