Java Edition Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4
October 13, 2011
|Other editions of 1.9-pre4|
|The pre-reupload version of this version is currently missing.|
This version has been reuploaded at one point in time. While the reuploaded version has been archived, the pre-reupload has not, and as such is it currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on .
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4 is the fourth pre-release for Java Edition 1.0.0, released on October 13, 2011, which adds the End dimension and the ender dragon, moon phases, completed the enchanting mechanics, changes fluid placement using buckets, and fixes some bugs.
- Now functions properly.
- Redesigned graphically.
- The white cobblestone texture introduced in the previous pre-release was changed and end stone was added as a block with the overhauled texture.
- Used to brew potions of healing instead of ghast tears.
- Now used for potions of regeneration.
- Created by brewing an existing potion with gunpowder.
- Has an Area of Effect when thrown.
- New boss mob.
- Spawn in The End.
- Now fully implemented.
- New settings:
- Placing fluids (water or lava) with a bucket treats other fluid source blocks like solid blocks, allowing the player to place them on top of each other without an adjacent wall.
- Added a swirl effect while under the effect of a Status effect.
- The Sun and Moon now rise in the east and set in the west, based on the top of maps being North, and are round.
- The Moon now has multiple phases, somewhat akin to the real Moon.
- The player can reload the texture pack by pressing F3+T.
- Version number
- No longer displays
5 bugs fixed
- Enchanting is now server-side instead of being only a client-side change.
- Fixed ⇧ Shift + Click crash bug with enchanting tables and brewing stands.
- Critical hits now appear in multiplayer.
- Glass towers stretching to the top of the map no longer appear over strongholds.
- Fixed all minecart with furnace bugs, except the lighting bug.
- This version was reuploaded to fix the incorrect version number, which still displayed as "Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3".