Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6
November 11, 2011
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6 is the sixth and final pre-release for 1.0.0.
- Added (currently useless) dragon egg.
- Added the following to /title/ in minecraft.jar:
- Added "Particles" setting in Video Settings
- Has three possible states:
- "All", rendering all particle effects
- "Decreased", rendering half of all particle effects
- "Minimal", rendering no particle effects (except for those created when breaking blocks).
- Has three possible states:
- Added ending titles and credits.
- End crystal added
- Is an entity which sits atop of a block of bedrock.
- It is diamond shaped, with 2 cubes spinning on their axis with a point at the center that fires a healing beam at the ender dragon when within range, and can be destroyed with a melee or hit with an arrow, causing an explosion.
- They appear on all obsidian spikes in the End.
- Revised beds
- Attempting to sleep in a bed while hostile mobs are nearby will display "You may not rest now, there are monsters nearby".
- Several block's tool weaknesses have been fixed, such as crafting tables now mining faster with an axe and rails now mining faster with a pickaxe.
- Mined stairs of any materials will drop a stair block now instead of a block form of its material.
- Changes to the mining time of many blocks, including redstone ore, stone brick, nether brick, iron bars, doors, monster spawners and obsidian, making their mining times much faster.
- 'Efficiency' enchantment now affects all blocks for any item enchanted with it.
- Tools not suited to digging a certain block can be faster than digging by hand, e.g. a pickaxe can dig dirt faster than by hand, but not faster than by shovel.
- More minor changes to textures, this time to:
- Sun and moon are square again.
- Downward flowing water now creates flowing water once more.
- More finished ender dragon boss fight.
- "Boss Health" meter appears on the middle top part of the screen in the same purple hue as the ender dragon.
- Leaves behind a fountain like bedrock structure with the dragon egg sitting on top, and has an exit portal to return to the players spawn point/bed.
12 bugs fixed
- Entity model errors fixed.
- Armor durability is much back to being larger, larger than it even was in Beta 1.8.
- Using items and hitting mobs no longer uses up items/durability in creative.
- Lily pads are now a block which can be stood on.
- Ferns, tall grass and lily pads are now available in the creative inventory.
- Unnecessary block versions of cake and sugar cane removed from creative inventory.
- Enchantment tables now take time to mine, instead of one punch.
- "Mods and Texture Packs" changed to "Texture Packs".
- Repeater clocks no longer get stuck when unloading the chunk.
- Placing fences under farmland doesn't stop it from turning back into dirt.
- A Minecart with Furnace is able to push empty minecart in any direction.
- Baby sheep from dyed parents are now born dyed instead of always being white.