Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5
From Minecraft Wiki
(Redirected from Beta 1.9-pre5)
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5
October 27, 2011
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5 is the fifth pre-release for 1.0.0.
- Added several achievements
- Debug controls (from the pre-re-uploaded version of Beta 1.8 Pre-release):
- F9 freezes the camera in its current position.
- F6, while also turning back time, enables a strange "bouncy" movement. It locks the player's y coordinate (meaning they cannot jump or fall). It makes the player accelerate relatively slowly when moving. Additionally, the player can also clip into blocks slightly - at a high enough speed, the player can push all the way through a block. Transparent blocks have no clipping whatsoever.
- N and M change the view's rotation clockwise and anti-clockwise, respectively. Hold both keys simultaneously resets the rotation.
- Y and H decrease and increase the field of view, respectively. These keys seem to affect the field of view differently to how the FOV option does - the player's hand (or anything the player is holding) will also become stretched as the field of view increases or decreases, which does not happen if the player changes the FOV option in the menu. Holding both keys simultaneously resets the field of view.
- I makes the player look up, J looks left, K looks down, and L looks right. These movements are normally done by moving the mouse. This setting cannot be reset by holding any keys simultaneously.
- U and O moves the third-person camera forwards and backwards, respectively. This setting cannot be reset by holding both keys simultaneously.
- Scrolling the mouse wheel (which also scrolls the selected slot in the hotbar) rotates the forward, left, right, and back directions.
- Video settings
- Added option to turn off clouds.
- In creative mode, using an empty bucket won't fill up if removing fluids with it.
- Hostile mobs act neutral in creative mode.
- Entity punch range in creative mode reduced, as a result.
- Slimes now spawn on levels 0-40 rather than 0-16, making them much more common.
- Ender dragons now have a new dying animation even though they still do not spawn, and their health has been changed to 1 () to test this.
- Fence post selection boxes now resemble their collision boxes.
- Water flowing downwards creates source blocks, instead of flowing water.
- The version number once again displays on the top-left of the screen.
8 bugs fixed
- Monster spawners cannot be collected with a pickaxe enchanted with Silk Touch.
- Mycelium and end stone are now available in the creative inventory list.
- The step on stairs is properly lit.
- Lily pads now have the correct coloration in the inventory and have a name tag.
- End stone now has a name tag (previously "unnamed")
- Melons once again drop the correct number of slices.
- Data error when attempting to block with an enchanted sword fixed, blocking with enchanted sword now possible
- Baby animals now work in multiplayer.