Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4
October 13, 2011
Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4 is the fourth pre-release for 1.0.0.
- Added Ender Dragon
- Added Obsidian pillars
- New Dimension: the End
- New settings in Server.properties:
- Glistering Melon, used to brew Potions of Healing instead of Ghast Tears
- Ghast Tear now used for Potions of Regeneration.
- Enchanting fully implemented
- Throwable splash potions with Area of Effect when thrown, created by brewing an existing potion with gunpowder.
- The white cobblestone texture introduced in the previous pre-release was changed and end stone was added as a block with the overhauled texture.
- Status effects
- Added a swirl effect while under the effect of a status effect.
- Placing fluids (water or lava) with a bucket treats other fluid source blocks like solid blocks, allowing you to place them on top of each other without an adjacent wall.
- Texture Packs
- You can reload the texture pack by pressing F3+T
- Sun and Moon
- The Sun and Moon now rise in the east and set in the west, based on the top of maps being North, and are round.
- The Moon now has multiple phases, somewhat akin to the real Moon.
- Version number
- No longer displays
5 bugs fixed
- Enchanting is now server-side instead of being only a client-side change.
- Fixed ⇧ Shift + Click crash bug with enchanting tables and brewing stands.
- Critical hits now appear in multiplayer.
- Glass towers stretching to the top of the map no longer appear over strongholds.
- Fixed all Minecart with Furnace bugs, except the lighting bug.
- This version was reuploaded to fix the incorrect version number, which still displayed as "Beta 1.9 Prerelease 3".