From Minecraft Wiki
October 6, 2011
|Other editions of 1.9-pre3|
Beta 1.9-pre3 is the third pre-release for 1.0.0.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Completely redone potion system
- Placeholder enchanting system
- Enchantment Table
- Enchanted items appear to glimmer, have blue tooltips and have "Enchanted!!" written below tooltip.
- Eye of Ender
- Unfinished End Portal in strongholds. Broken End portal frame blocks can be repaired with Eyes of Ender, though nothing further occurs.
- End Portal Frame
- Currently useless End portal block
- Baby animals:
- Baby chicken
- Baby cow
- Baby Mooshroom
- Baby pig
- Baby sheep
- Item repair
- Added Pie chart detailing CPU usage to debug screen.
- Access to Skylands due to bug in terrain generation
- Skylands no longer a biome as such, but instead its own type of terrain generation (akin to the Nether)
Changes[edit | edit source]
- More randomly placed chests in strongholds
- Exp level shown above Exp bar
- Destroyed bookshelves drop 3 books.
- Debug features:
- 1x1 glass pillars protruding from ground to sky limit at location of strongholds.
- The tooltips for rare items (Golden Apples, Music Discs) are now pink.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
1 bug fixed
- Fixed Snow Golems being able to enter love mode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This version was re-released a few minutes after its initial release to remove some code relating to the Ender Dragon. This was possibly done to avoid leaking information, as the Ender Dragon had not yet been announced.