Java Edition Beta 1.8
(Redirected from Beta 1.8)
Minecraft Beta 1.8
Adventure Update (Part 1)
September 14, 2011
|Other editions of 1.8|
- Cracked stone bricks
- Brick slab
- Brick stairs
- Fence gate
- Glass pane
- Iron bars
- Mossy Stone Bricks
- Stone Bricks
- Stone Brick Slab
- Stone Brick Stairs
- Cooked raw chicken.
- Has a new texture.
- A tan shade of the same sprite.
- Item which doesn't serve any purpose in the game for now, and had an uncentered icon.
- New seed type that grows melons.
- Can only be found in abandoned mineshaft chests.
- Harvested from melons.
- Can be used to get melon seeds back.
- New seed type that produces pumpkins.
- Cannot be obtained from a pumpkin as of now, only available in abandoned mineshaft chests.
- Dropped from chickens.
- Dropped from cows.
- Smaller variant of spiders.
- New tall mob.
- As a placeholder, endermen used zombie sounds.
- A small hostile mob.
- New fractal-based biome code.
- Added and removed some biomes while making all of them more vast than before.
- Added: "Kill a skeleton with an arrow at 50 meters".
- Hold-to-charge bows.
- Critical hits.
- New game mode.
- Players can fly and take no damage from entities.
- Players have access to (as of right now) a limited number of blocks.
- New food system.
- There is now a food meter.
- All food (except mushroom stew) are now stackable.
- Food takes 1.6 seconds to consume, accompanied with an animation.
- New way to travel.
- Gives the player a boost in speed.
- The player can now jump four blocks horizontally while sprinting.
- Performing a critical hit on any mob will cause 'sparks' to fly.
- Explosion particles are now shockwaves instead of smoke.
- Tiny stationary bubble particles can be seen when underwater.
- Fog is now thicker and darker deep underground, and gives off particles. Due to this, the void appears black.
- New Mojang logo in the splash screen.
- Added a 3D lock to the model.
- No longer un-tills when stepped on and only now when jumped on.
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
- Now has a new texture.
- Now can be placed on fences
- Improved model for when the torch is placed on walls.
- Eating any raw food or rotten flesh has a chance to give the player food poisoning which makes the hunger bar decrease three times as fast.
- Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
- Arrows that hit a mob visually "stick" into the mob rather than just disappear.
- Passive mobs will randomly flee if attacked by the player or other mobs (such as wolves).
- Player-to-mob damage decreased by half a heart.
- Removed the mob as an entity.
- Its AI is the only thing that remains of the mob.
- The snout now protrudes from their head.
- Now hold full size bows.
- Skeleton arrows originate from about their eyes to the bow, instead of above the head.
- Removed the biome.
- Removed the old terrain.
- Height raised to the top of the map.
- Can no longer phase through blocks.
- Movement now syncs with the game's time.
- Unarmed damage was decreased from 2 () to 1 () (reverting to the behavior from before Beta 1.5).
- No longer requires chunk updates and is a smooth transition.
- The lighting on a block is given a tint based on the most prominent source of light
- Reddish from artificial light sources.
- Artificial light now gives a very subtle 'flicker'.
- Blue from moonlight.
- Total darkness keeps the same black tint.
- Sunlight gives the same white tint.
- Reddish from artificial light sources.
- Changed to be less volatile.
- Armor bar moved to above hearts, due to hunger bar.
- Improved lighting system.
- The 'Multiplayer join screen' has been improved, mainly with a server list.
- Clouds change color during sunrise and sunset to match the sky color.
- Horizon, specifically haze changes color more vividly during sunset and sunrise.
- Holding the left mouse button with a weapon will now only swing once.
- Holding the right mouse button to place blocks is slightly slower than before.
- ⇧ Shift+Clicking the output item in a crafting square will craft all the items at once, and automatically places them in the inventory.
- Player list in multiplayer, defaults to Tab ↹.
- Mobs are no longer visibly labeled with their entity ID
- The world's numeric seed is displayed in a field below player position.
- Changing fog by hotkey now requires debug-view to be open in addition with pressing F.
- The version tag appears in-game again.
- The main menu's background is now an animated scene.
- The version tag is now displayed on the bottom-left rather than the top-left.
- New sliders for Field of View and Brightness.
- 4 new entries in control list
- "Attack", "Use Item", and "Pick Block" can now be remapped.
- Operators can switch back and forth between survival and creative mode.
These changes occurred between the last development version for Beta 1.8, Prerelease 2, and the full release of Beta 1.8.
- Added regeneration, which increases health slowly.
9 bugs fixed
- The ⇧ Shift + Click crash bug from 1.8 Prerelease 2 is fixed.
- Fixed Redstone circuits not working after
/time set xglitch is now fixed in multiplayer.
- Destroying boats and minecarts now creates particles.
- Ghast attack sounds are fixed multiplayer.
- The Far Lands have been removed; there is now only void.
- Fixed cactus and trapdoor items being too big.
- Fixed the "smart farms" glitch where the hitbox of a fence would extend past the hitbox of tilled soil and prevent it from reverting to dirt when walked on.
- Fixed several crash bugs relating to pistons.
- Increased the z-buffer from 8-bit to 24-bit, fixing graphical issues with AMD graphics cards.