Java Edition Beta 1.8
(Redirected from Beta 1.8)
Minecraft Beta 1.8
Adventure Update (Part 1)
September 14, 2011
|Other editions of 1.8|
Beta 1.8 is the first release of the Adventure Update. It introduced features that focused on fighting, exploration, and adventuring, as well as other aspects.
- Cooked raw chicken.
- Has a new texture.
- A tan shade of the same sprite.
- Item which doesn't serve any purpose in the game for now, and had an uncentered icon.
- New seed type that grows melons.
- Can only be found in abandoned mineshaft chests.
- Harvested from melons.
- Can be used to get melon seeds back.
- New seed type that produces pumpkins.
- Cannot be obtained from a pumpkin as of now, only available in abandoned mineshaft chests.
- Dropped from chickens.
- Dropped from cows.
- Smaller variant of spiders.
- New tall mob.
- As a placeholder, endermen used zombie sounds.
- A small hostile mob.
- New fractal-based biome code.
- Added and removed some biomes while making all of them more vast than before.
- Added: "Kill a skeleton with an arrow at 50 meters".
- Hold-to-charge bows.
- Critical hits.
- New game mode.
- Players can fly and take no damage from entities.
- Players have access to (as of right now) a limited number of blocks.
- New food system.
- There is now a food meter.
- All food (except mushroom stew) are now stackable.
- Food takes 1.6 seconds to consume, accompanied with an animation.
- New way to travel.
- Gives the player a boost in speed.
- The player can now jump four blocks horizontally while sprinting.
- Performing a critical hit on any mob will cause 'sparks' to fly.
- Explosion particles are now shockwaves instead of smoke.
- Tiny stationary bubble particles can be seen when underwater.
- Fog is now thicker and darker deep underground, and gives off particles. Due to this, the void appears black.
- New Mojang logo in the splash screen.
- Added a 3D lock to the model.
- No longer un-tills when stepped on and only now when jumped on.
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
- Now has a new texture.
- Now can be placed on fences
- Improved model for when the torch is placed on walls.
- Eating any raw food or rotten flesh has a chance to give the player food poisoning which makes the hunger bar decrease three times as fast.
- Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
- Arrows that hit a mob visually "stick" into the mob rather than just disappear.
- Passive mobs will randomly flee if attacked by the player or other mobs (such as wolves).
- Player-to-mob damage decreased by half a heart.
- Removed the mob as an entity.
- Its AI is the only thing that remains of the mob.
- The snout now protrudes from their head.
- Now hold full size bows.
- Skeleton arrows originate from about their eyes to the bow, instead of above the head.
- Removed the biome.
- Removed the old terrain.
- Height raised to the top of the map.
- Can no longer phase through blocks.
- Movement now syncs with the game's time.
- Unarmed damage was decreased from 2 () to 1 () (reverting to the behavior from before Beta 1.5).
- No longer requires chunk updates and is a smooth transition.
- The lighting on a block is given a tint based on the most prominent source of light
- Reddish from artificial light sources.
- Artificial light now gives a very subtle 'flicker'.
- Blue from moonlight.
- Total darkness keeps the same black tint.
- Sunlight gives the same white tint.
- Reddish from artificial light sources.
- Changed to be less volatile.
- Armor bar moved to above hearts, due to hunger bar.
- Improved lighting system.
- The 'Multiplayer join screen' has been improved, mainly with a server list.
- Clouds change color during sunrise and sunset to match the sky color.
- Horizon, specifically haze changes color more vividly during sunset and sunrise.
- Holding the left mouse button with a weapon will now only swing once.
- Holding the right mouse button to place blocks is slightly slower than before.
- ⇧ Shift+Clicking the output item in a crafting square will craft all the items at once, and automatically places them in the inventory.
- Player list in multiplayer, defaults to Tab ↹.
- Mobs are no longer visibly labeled with their entity ID
- The world's numeric seed is displayed in a field below player position.
- Changing fog by hotkey now requires debug-view to be open in addition with pressing F.
- The version tag appears in-game again.
- The main menu's background is now an animated scene.
- The version tag is now displayed on the bottom-left rather than the top-left.
- New sliders for Field of View and Brightness.
- 4 new entries in control list
- "Attack", "Use Item", and "Pick Block" can now be remapped.
- Operators can switch back and forth between survival and creative mode.
9 bugs fixed
- The ⇧ Shift + Click crash bug from 1.8-pre2 is fixed.
- Fixed Redstone circuits not working after
/time set xglitch is now fixed in multiplayer.
- Destroying boats and minecarts now creates particles.
- Ghast attack sounds are fixed multiplayer.
- The Far Lands have been removed; there is now only void.
- Fixed cactus and trapdoor items being too big.
- Fixed the "smart farms" glitch where the hitbox of a fence would extend past the hitbox of tilled soil and prevent it from reverting to dirt when walked on.
- Fixed several crash bugs relating to pistons.
- Increased the z-buffer from 8-bit to 24-bit, fixing graphical issues with AMD graphics cards.