Java Edition Beta 1.6.6
(Redirected from Beta 1.6.6)
Minecraft Beta 1.6.6
May 31, 2011
Beta 1.6.6 added minor changes and was released to fix some of the bugs and crashes in Beta 1.6.5.
- Added Performance in Video Settings, Options Menu. Can be set to Max FPS, Balanced or Power saver.
- Bone meal can grow tall grass and flowers on grass blocks.
- Glowstone Changes
- Changed the material of glowstone from "glass" to "stone". This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it. This also means you can now place redstone, torches, levers, etc. on them.
- Made glowstone drop more loot (2-4 glowstone dust).
- Made the recipe sizes for creating wool and glowstone smaller (2×2 instead of 3×3).
- Boat changes
- Boats float up to the surface quicker.
- Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum much faster.
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed beds not working very well in Multiplayer.
- Destroying a boat will no longer spawn the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground.
- ⇧ Shift+clicking a tool into a chest no longer restores it to new.