From Minecraft Wiki
May 28, 2011
Beta 1.6.5 added minor changes and fixed some of the bugs and crashes in Beta 1.6.4.
- Advanced OpenGL re-added. (Still with same Toggle bug as of 1.5)
- Framerate cap can now be changed, with toggles of 40 FPS, 90 FPS and 200 FPS. Except for the 40 FPS setting, the framerate will only be capped when there are any chunk updates.
- ⇧ Shift+clicking an item in the crafting window now only moves the crafted item into the player's inventory.
- Version number no longer displayed while playing. Still visible on title screen and debug screen.
- Players riding anything or sleeping in anything will stop doing so when they leave the game now.
- Sneaking effect was decreased. The character's feet look like they're in the air.
- It is now possible to climb stairs and slabs while sneaking.
13 bugs fixed
- Player indicator on maps now points in the same direction as the player, instead of being rotated slightly.
- Dropped equipment no longer breaks on the first use. (In some cases it still will).
- Objects will now be pushed out if they are within a block.
- Lighting acts normal again when placing/removing torches.
- The game no longer crashes when shift-clicking to put items in a chest that is already full and vice versa.
- Fixed CPU issue on multiplayer.
- Saving while crouching no longer consistently teleports the player into blocks above or below when loading the save.
- Exiting a minecart or moving from one Minecart to another will no longer bump the original Minecart and make it move.
- Fixed the players health appearing to be full when entering/exiting the nether.
- Fixed some entities appearing to fall through the ground repeatedly in multiplayer (some might still do so).
- Fixed the server sometimes thinking the player hit a corner when walking when they didn’t.
- Fixed the achievements window rendering some graphics outside the clip window.
- Fixed a couple of instances where beds would act strange in multiplayer, primarily the "already occupied" bug.