We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
May 26, 2011
Beta 1.6.3 was mainly released to fix some of the bugs and crashes in Beta 1.6.2.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- The renderer is now capped at 100 fps while there are chunks to be generated. The excess time will be spent generating chunks instead of rendering frames.
- The "limit framerate" option now limits the game to 40 fps and will spend at least 10 ms per frame sleeping.
- The "limit framerate" option has been reset to "off" for all players, enable it again if you want it.
- 2 blocks deep water doesn't prevent you from fall-damage anymore. You need at least 3 blocks deep water to fall in.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
3 bugs fixed
- Fixed some block updates not updating lighting properly under some circumstances by reverting the "don’t always send block data" fix in 1.6.
- Fixed a major CPU load issue in the server where a very tight loop would starve all other threads.
- Fixed furnaces dropping/duplicating their contents when they change state from lit to unlit or back.