As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Java Edition Beta 1.3
February 22, 2011
- Crafted from wood planks and wool.
- Crafted from stone and redstone.
- Cobblestone Slab
- Crafted from cobblestone.
- Wood Slab
- Have to be mined with a pickaxe to collect, were not affected by fire, and had stronger blast resistance than wood planks, like cobblestone slabs.
- Crafted from wood planks.
- Sandstone Slab
- Crafted from sandstone.
- Added whitelisting to multiplayer servers.
- Can turn on/off the whitelist.
- Can add/remove players from the whitelist.
- Can give a list of whitelisted players and reload that list.
- Added a texture for crying obsidian to terrain.png.
- Smooth lighting engine added with the help of MrMessiah.
- New graphics setting screen.
- Added "Smooth Lighting" option.
- New Mojang logo.
- Will get darker the farther away it is from a source of power.
- Breaking a block made of two slabs now drops 2 slabs.
- Stone slabs are now created by using 3 of the materials.
- Now require two of its materials, instead of 3.
- Renamed back from "Sulphur"
- Fewer passive mobs spawn when on harder difficulties.
- Now have a higher spawn rate.
- Players can now choose the name of the world.
- Players can now choose the seed for world generation.
- More than 5 worlds can now be created.
- Deleting world confirmation changed slightly.
- Player can be visibly seen to bob side to side when the player walks (only when View Bobbing is enabled).
- F1 and F3 are now toggled when pressed.
- When F3 is toggled on, mobs display their unique entity ID numbers over their heads.
- F8 toggles mouse smoothing.
- Ability to toggle between classic lighting and "smooth" lighting.
- Scrollbars added in the map selection screen.
- Players can now choose the name of the world when creating a new one.
- Worlds now use a generic McRegion chunk save format, with a built-in auto conversion.
- Scrollbars added in the texture pack list.
- 10 bugs fixed
- When breaking double slabs (one slab placed on another) it will now drop two slabs instead of one.
- Wood doesn't burn forever anymore.
- Grassland/Sand related biome border fixed (Boundaries line up, rather than obviously show chunk borders)
- No longer receiving Java Log error .txt file spam in the minecraft.exe folder when closing the Minecraft client program.
- Players can no longer use the click-release to quickly mine blocks (referred to as "click mining" in Multiplayer only).
- Players no longer glitch when standing on fences in multiplayer.
- Players can no longer milk squids.
- When right-clicking on a wooden door while holding a bow or fishing rod, arrows will no longer be fired into the door, nor will the fishing hook be cast into the door.
- Hostile mobs can now be attacked properly in multiplayer.
- Lapis lazuli ore now drops 4-8 Lapis Lazuli in multiplayer.
There is a debug version of Beta 1.3 that spawns the player with 64 torches, 64 beds, a diamond pickaxe, a diamond shovel, and a diamond axe upon creating a new world. This version is unofficially referred as Beta 1.3a, as the version of Beta 1.3 available in the launcher is labeled old_beta b1.3b.
- Minecraft Beta 1.3 – The Word of Notch, February 22, 2011