As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Java Edition Beta 1.2_02
January 21, 2011
- Pressing ⇧ Shift+F2 generates a 36450×17700 TGA format screenshot (which ends up being 1.8 GB). While the file is being generated, the game freezes and experiences major graphical distortions. This is unfinished test code, as confirmed by Notch. This "feature" would go on to be removed in Beta 1.5.
- Now drops 4–8 lapis lazuli per block mined (increased from 1) on single player only (servers have not been affected yet).
- Can now be found at bedrock level.
- Was renamed from Ink Sack.
- Now downloaded from Amazon S3, instead of Minecraft.net.
- Prior to the 2018 skin update, Beta 1.2_02 was the oldest version in the launcher to have working skins.
- However, if the player changed their skin after Java Edition 1.8, the last skin the player used prior to Java Edition 1.8 would be displayed. This occurred in all versions after Beta 1.2_02 until Java Edition 1.3.1, and it is currently unknown why this happened and why Java Edition 1.3.1 was the oldest version to display post-Java Edition 1.8 skins.
A lava and water fall that have generated next to each other (screenshot was taken with a texture pack enabled).