From Minecraft Wiki
January 14, 2011
- Added code for a new painting, but not the painting itself
- Slimes were re-added with a very low spawn rate
- Optimized performance
- Reduced spawn rates a bit
- No more ghosts at night
- Splash text on the main menu returned to normal. (No longer constantly shows the quote "Finally beta!")
- 3 bugs fixed
- Fixed various blocks acting weird when placed (rails, torches, etc).
- Fixed lighting issues.
- Added a temporary fix to get rid of chunk visibility errors.