Java Edition Beta 1.2
January 13, 2011
Client (.json) |
|Other editions of 1.2|
Beta 1.2 is a version of Beta released on January 13, 2011, that added many things, including charcoal, note blocks, dyes, squid, sugar, dispensers, lapis lazuli blocks, bone meal and sandstone, as well as changing and fixing some things.
- Crafted from bones
- Crafted from sugar cane.
- Added gray, light gray, and black variants.
- Drop correspondingly colored wool.
- New underwater mob.
- Drops ink sacs.
- Now called sugar cane.
- Again show a rotating model inside of what they spawn in single player.
- Tools made out of wood, stone, Iron ingots, and diamond have increased durability.
- Gold tools can remove blocks like stone and wood much more quickly than their diamond counterparts, with the same durability and restrictions as before this version.
- Now harvested more often when plowing grass blocks.
- Now drop bones.
- Can now climb up walls.
- Screenshots can be taken using the F2 key without having to first hold down the F1 key.
- Included the FastRender mod by Scaevolus.
- 10 bugs fixed
- Paintings now work in multiplayer.
- Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world.
- A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer.
- Included PowerPC color and audio fixes by Scaevolus.
- Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer.
- Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated multiplayer maps.
- Falling sand behaves better in multiplayer.
- Fixed a few crash on load level bugs.
- Jack o'Lantern now has correct tooltip.
- Sheep now visibly lose their wool when hit in multiplayer.