Join us on Discord!
January 13, 2011
|Protocol version number||
|Other editions of 1.2|
Beta 1.2 is a version of Beta released on January 13, 2011, added many additions including charcoal, note blocks, dyes, squid, sugar canes, sugar, dispensers, lapis lazuli blocks, bone meal and sandstone, as well as other changes and fixes.
- Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
- Lapis lazuli ore
- Lapis lazuli block
- Sugar - Crafted from sugar canes
- 16 wool dyes
- Squid, which drops Ink sacs
- New tree types (Birch, Pine)
- New gray, light gray, and black sheep. Drop correspondingly colored wool.
- Bone Meal - crafted from bones
- Bed - is unobtainable
- Reeds retconned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
- Default furnaces given new look
- Bones now drop from skeletons
- Tools made out of wood, stone, Iron ingots, and diamond have increased durability.
- Gold tools can remove blocks like stone and wood much more quickly than their diamond counterparts, with the same durability and restrictions as before this version.
- Spiders can now climb up walls.
- Spawners again show a rotating model inside of what they spawn in single player.
- Wheat Seeds are harvested more often when plowing grass blocks.
- Included the FastRender mod by Scaevolus.
- Screenshots can be taken using the F2 key without having to first hold down the F1 key.
- Iron, diamond, and coal are found in larger amounts in caves and other areas
- 10 bugs fixed
- Paintings now work in multiplayer.
- Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world.
- A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer.
- Included PowerPC color and audio fixes by Scaevolus.
- Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer.
- Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated multiplayer maps.
- Falling sand behaves better in multiplayer.
- Fixed a few crash on load level bugs.
- Jack o'Lantern now has correct tooltip.
- Sheep now visibly lose their wool when hit in multiplayer.