The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Beta 1.0
December 20, 2010
Beta 1.0 is the first version of Java Edition Beta, which adds a working server-side inventory and includes other changes and fixes.
- Working server-side inventory.
- Tooltips in inventory.
- When the player hovers the mouse over an item, its name appears.
- Added capes for Mojang employees.
- Added the deadmau5 skin (only in use on deadmau5's player).
- Added new splashes:
- Finally Beta!
- Woo, reddit!
- Twittered about!
- Jump up, jump up, and get down!
- Joel is neat!
- A riddle, wrapped in a mystery!
- Huge tracts of land!
- Welcome to your Doom!
- Stay a while, stay forever!
- Stay a while and listen!
- Treatment for your rash!
- "Noun" is an autonym!
- Information wants to be free!
- "Almost never" is an interesting concept!
- Moving too far away from a chest, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen.
- Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before.
- Can now be thrown.
- Throwing an egg has a chance of spawning a chicken.
- The player can't store items in the inventories' crafting fields anymore.
- If this is attempted in this version, the items simply drop to the ground.
- Made servers save chunks way less often in most cases.
- Chunks don't resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds.
- The splash "Play Minecraft, Watch Topgear, Get Pig" was changed to "Play Minecraft, Watch Topgear, Get Pig!"
- Excluding "Merry X-Mas!" and "Happy New Year!", "Finally Beta!" is the only splash shown
3 bugs fixed
- Many issues fixed as a result of a working server-side inventory.
- Tools thrown on the ground don't repair themselves anymore.