Xbox One, Windows 10, Android: November 28, 2018
Beta 184.108.40.206 is the second beta version released for 1.9.0.
- Cartography Table, Fletching Table, Grindstone, Bell, Barrel, Smithing Table, Smoker, Blast Furnace, Lantern
- Only available when "Experimental Gameplay" is enabled.
- The number of commands run through functions can be limited with a new gamerule (defaults to 10,000) to limit performance issues.
- Can now be run every tick creating an update loop.
- Custom tags can be applied to entities and players to create more flexible selector groupings.
has_tag filter in components to allow checks to see if an entity has a specified tag.
- Autocomplete can be used for tags.
- Pause menu
- Added a new "feedback" button.
- Shows links to the Minecraft feedback site, Mojira bug tracker, and Mojang support.
- "How to Play" button is now visible from the in-game settings menu.
- Added unused textures for "fish barrel" blocks.
- Can now be used to hold lava.
- Changed default sign text color back to black.
- Sign variants are now grouped in their own inventory category.
- Now have the crossbow animations and sounds.
- Passive mobs
- MCPE-38945 - Players can now join and play games with a minor version mismatch.
- Shulker boxes in item frames no longer cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue with wrong items showing in partnered server stores.
- Corrected the head size of baby zombies.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pistons pushed blocks.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when suspending and resuming the game.
- Improved the error messages that previously stated the player didn't have a licence for the game.
- Fixed the positioning of the snow golem's arms.
- Pandas now stop eating when set on fire.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when resuming the game on Android.
- MCPE-39283 - Fixed mouse selection issues when clicking items or text boxes.
- Fixed an issue with end gateway portals which could generate too closely, preventing travel back to the main island.
- MCPE-38388 - Slimes will once again spawn in slime chunks as expected.
- MCPE-26719 - Endermen now make the scream sound when angered.
- MCPE-38493 - Phantoms now drop membranes correctly if killed with a fire aspect sword.
- MCPE-38342 - Auto-jump now works when trying to walk through scaffolding.
- Scaffolding can now be placed on glass.
- MCPE-38942 - More blocks can be placed on scaffolding including mob heads and flower pots.
- Horizontal flowing water will no longer turn into bubble columns over soul sand.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when removing Gear VR headset during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that occasionally happens when resuming the game.
- Fixed leg geometry for one-legged characters in various skin packs.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when quickly signing in and out of Xbox Live.
- MCPE-37815 - Dragon's breath can now be quickly collected reliably in multiplayer games.
- Pandas now panic when set on fire.
- MCPE-39095 - Sounds and animations can now be heard and seen when pillagers charge their crossbows.
- MCPE-39102 - Cobblestone stairs are generated in jungle temples and villages instead of stone.
- Lit furnaces now show correctly when copied using Ctrl+Pick block.
- MCPE-38705 - Custom modal forms now support two lines again.
- Special characters now display correctly when using the
- MCPE-38063 - Touch controls now work correctly with scaffolding when using the "swap jump and sneak" setting.
- MCPE-30234 - Particles produced by witches are now purple rather than black.
- MCPE-32542 - Slabs are no longer labelled "half slabs" in the creative inventory.
- MCPE-38375 Scaffolding textures no longer z-fight with leaves.
- Mobs in boats no longer shake when trying to turn to look at the player
- MCPE-39085 - Bubble columns no longer extend up above the surface of the water.
- MCPE-15010 - Fixed an issue with items being repeatedly dropped from the hotbar on touchscreen devices.
- MCPE-39164 - Breaking smooth stone no longer drops cobblestone.
- MCPE-39165 - Doors no longer drop as two items when broken.
- Fixed the scaling of the Mojang splash screen when resuming a split screen game.
- Fixed ghast projectile firing animation.
- MCPE-33892 - Commands from command blocks no longer extend to other dimensions.
- This fix won't affect existing command blocks.
- Fixed a bug where the game could become unresponsive after being disconnected from a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a crash issue on Xbox One.
- MCPE-39194 - Worlds no longer become stuck in offline mode after toggling the multiplayer option.
- MCPE-39067 - Slabs can be correctly placed on top of each other again after reloading the world.
- Changing game mode and reloading a world no longer removes resource packs.
- Fixed the arm position for mobs in the Mutant Battle Arena marketplace pack.