Bedrock Edition beta 220.127.116.11
Xbox One, Windows 10, Android: November 15, 2018
Beta 18.104.22.168 is the first beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.9.0, released on November 15, 2018, which adds some more Village & Pillage features such as cornflowers, lilies of the valley, and new slabs, stairs, and walls.
- Smooth blocks
- Added smooth stone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone, and smooth quartz blocks.
- Obtained by smelting their normal block variants in a furnace.
- Added spruce, birch, acacia, jungle, and dark oak signs.
- Added stone, andesite, polished andesite, diorite, polished diorite, granite, polished granite, mossy stone brick, mossy cobblestone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone, smooth quartz, red nether brick, and end stone brick slabs.
- Version exclusive: Added cut sandstone and cut red sandstone slabs.
- Added stone, andesite, polished andesite, diorite, polished diorite, granite, polished granite, mossy stone brick, mossy cobblestone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone, smooth quartz, red nether brick, and end stone brick stairs.
- Added brick, andesite, diorite, granite, prismarine, stone brick, mossy stone brick, sandstone, red sandstone, nether brick, red nether brick, and end stone brick walls.
- Hostile mobs, considered a subset of illagers.
- Have 24 × 12 health.
- Wield crossbows.
- Drop arrows and their crossbows when killed (affected by Looting).
- They will raid, or take over, villages, killing villagers.
- They cannot equip armor of any type.
- Only available through Experimental Gameplay.
- New biome variant of jungles.
- Contain bamboo shoots, podzol, and pandas.
- Only available through Experimental Gameplay.
- Allows players to respawn immediately without showing the death screen.
- Allows players to select whether a message appears in chat when a player or tamed mob dies.
- Added the following particles:
- Enables the use of raw text formatting to be able to send translatable text output to chat using JSON.
- A single bamboo shoot can now generate rarely through jungle biomes.
- Has been renamed to "Mossy Cobblestone".
- Changed the crafting recipe to 4 nether brick blocks and 2 nether brick items.
- Previous crafting recipe is now used to make nether brick walls.
- Have been renamed to "Cut Sandstone" and "Cut Red Sandstone", respectively.
- Renamed "Sign" to "Oak Sign".
- Default text color is now white.
- Oak signs now require oak planks to craft instead of any planks.
- Renamed "Stone Slab" to "Smooth Stone Slab".
- Now require smooth stone to craft instead of normal stone.
- Now require regular sandstone to craft, not variants.
- Are now activated when broken, unless broken with shears.
- Has been renamed to "White Wool".
- Improved performance when using function commands; they are now pre-compiled on world reload.
- Added several new loading screen tips and trivia suggested by the community.
- Fixed a crash that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when replacing a wooden door with an iron one. ( )
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using pick block on a chest filled with written books.
- Updated low disk space error message.
- Held items now show the correct texture when changing resource packs. ( )
- Fixed touch controls so players no longer get stuck in sneak position when underwater. ( )
- Fixed panda feeding animation.
- Crossbows no longer fire accidentally when interacting with blocks or mobs on touch screen devices. ( )
- Crossbows can now be used to hit mobs. ( )
- The trident throwing animation no longer gets mixed up with the new crossbow animation. ( )
- Fixed the issue with breaking blocks when trying to fire a crossbow on touch screen devices. ( )
- Added new notification for worlds that have missing templates, with a prompt to redownload the relevant template from the store if necessary.
- Improved text entry in various fields - text boxes can be highlighted and selected using the keyboard.
- The skin picker menu now only displays progress/loading animation when online.
- Fixed missing "Save to Microsoft account" message when saving purchases on Nintendo Switch in handheld mode.
- Players can no longer change their customized player permissions in multiplayer games.
- Fixed remaining commands that use relative coordinates that are below y3. ( )
- Shulker boxes now push mobs when opening. ( )
- Error messages are now more informative when trying to join an unavailable world.
- Fixed a remaining issue that could cause a sudden change in direction on touch screen devices. ( )
- Falling block entities can now be killed using commands. ( )
- Defeating the ender dragon now drops the correct amount of XP and generates a dragon egg in converted worlds. ( )
- Vines collected with Silk Touch tools can be used correctly in banner designs. ( )
- End gateway portals now work correctly even if the destination area has already been generated. ( )
- Dropped items are now correctly displaced by slabs and glass. ( )
- Improved marketplace navigation when using a controller or keyboard.
- Fixed the swimming animation of the "Syrena" skin in Pirates of the Caribbean Mash-up pack.
- Repeating command blocks now keep their 'always active' state when cloned. ( )
- Clocks and compass items now load in correctly when joining a world. ( )
- "Minecraft Beta - 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, November 15, 2018