Xbox One, Windows 10, Android: October 10, 2018
Beta 220.127.116.11 is the first beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.8.0, released on October 10, 2018, which adds some Village & Pillage features and fixes bugs.
- A new climbable block that can be crafted using bamboo and string.
- Climb by pressing the jump key and go down by pressing the sneak key.
- Spawn in jungles.
- Will seek out bamboo and cake items and eat them.
- Can have different personalities: either normal, aggressive, lazy or playful.
- Baby pandas will sometimes sneeze, making nearby pandas jump: when they sneeze, they have a chance to drop a slime ball.
- Have a chance of spawning as a brown panda, which is very rare.
- Sometimes roll and sit on hind legs.
- Stray cats
- Spawn in villages.
- Can be tamed using fish.
- Added seven new skins.
- Ported from Java Edition.
- Only the following particles are available (prefix
minecraft: is necessary):
- Reloads all function files from all behavior packs.
minecraft: prefix to separate vanilla entities and add-on entities.
- Command blocks
- Now have the default name of "!" instead of "@".
- Re-added, but can only be spawned with an NBT editor.
- Can now be crafted from bamboo.
- Re-added, but can only be summoned using the
- Are no longer tamable.
- Players can now feed ocelots fish to gain their trust.
- Are now afraid of cats and will not swoop while cats are around.
- Skeleton horses and zombie horses
- Foals now have a chance of being spawned using a spawn egg.
- Tropical fish
- Witch huts
- Black cats now spawn in witch huts.
- Fishing loot has now been changed in jungles. When fishing in a jungle biome, the fish rewarded are now raw cod and raw salmon only.
- Bamboo is now obtainable as a junk item when fishing in jungles.
- The auto-complete list for player mentions now work in slash commands.
- The following rules can now be run in game without turning on cheats:
- The user can now send links to their favorite Marketplace content using the share button.
- Menu screen
- More skin packs are now shown in the skin picker menu, and each pack can be opened and viewed in its own page.
- Splash screen
- Now has an animated loading bar.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if the player was disconnected while loading resource packs.
- Fixed a crash that would occur on Xbox One if the player signed out too quickly after signing in.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the splash loading screen on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on startup for Gear VR.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using lava buckets on fish.
- Fixed a bug where multiple UI screens could be opened at once, causing the game to crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur due to a recently added Windows 10 feature. (MCPE-36274)
- Fixed the bug where players on Realms could be instantly killed in one shot by a Blaze fireball attack. (MCPE-19535)
- Planting crops continuously will no longer skip blocks. (MCPE-35857)
- Tamed wolves will now tilt their heads when the player is holding meat. (MCPE-17144)
- Magma cubes no longer inflict damage during their death animation. (MCPE-14426)
- Mobs in minecarts no longer activate adjacent detector rails. (MCPE-21863)
- Ghast sounds are no longer repeated when they are shooting fireballs. (MCPE-19156)
- Crafting multiple cakes using the recipe book will now return the correct number of empty buckets to the player. (MCPE-37387)
- Wall signs no longer show different types of wood particles when being broken. (MCPE-16141)
- Explosions will now drop blocks if the default game mode is Creative and Tile Drops are enabled. (MCPE-23498)
- Flower pots that contain saplings will once again drop the correct type when broken. (MCPE-37328)
- Players will now face forwards when entering a boat. (MCPE-36795)
- Removed "MCPE!" from the list of splash screen messages. (MCPE-36741)
- Water now renders correctly when surrounded by barrier blocks.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause black visual glitches to appear around blocks when riding a horse.
- Players will no longer teleport when standing against a non-full block and reloading the game. (MCPE-31242)
- Fixed incorrect interact buttons appearing briefly for certain mobs on touch screen devices.
- The achievement button no longer appears in the pause menu if not signed into Xbox Live.
- Fixed a bug where players could see through solid blocks when swimming.
- The multiplayer toggle is now accurately shown when using platform restricted content on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- Double wooden slabs can now be placed regardless of crosshair position. (MCPE-13799)
- Pistons no longer drop as items when being pushed or pulled. (MCPE-37492)
- Large slimes and magma cubes now have the correct sized hitbox based on their size. (MCPE-18518)
- Kelp will now only grow into water source blocks or full downward flowing water, and no longer creates a new source block. (MCPE-37155)
- Fixed an exploit where rails could be duplicated. (MCPE-36917)
- Lightning no longer strikes if the destination is in a cold biome. (MCPE-19015)
- Fixed mobs not always taking fall damage when they should. (MCPE-37257)
- The "Body Guard" achievement can now be unlocked after creating an iron golem. (MCPE-33686)
- Fixed rare enchantments being too hard to get at higher levels.
- The right bumper button now correctly scrolls through the tabs in the game menu on Nintendo Switch.
- The hitbox of piston arms now matches the size and shape correctly. (MCPE-13758)
- Players no longer fall through shulker boxes as they open. (MCPE-28812)
- Improved the loading time of various game files.
- Fixed the buttons used on the startup message for players using Windows Mixed Reality.
- Worlds larger than 1GB can now be copied and exported on Windows 10. (MCPE-37269)
- Added an underscore to frozen_river in the biomes_client.json so it matches the other vanilla Resource Pack entries. (MCPE-36799)
- The player locator map marker now faces the right direction when aboard a boat.
- Fixed an issue with custom player permissions that might not apply correctly in multiplayer. (MCPE-34864)
- Potion of slow falling will now slow down elytra descent. (MCPE-34926)
- Multiple items can be collected when trading with villagers again when using touch controls. (MCPE-32635)
- Fixed a bug where only white firework stars could be crafted.
- The player's hands are now properly rotated and positioned when aboard a boat and holding a bow.
- Lava blocks no longer appear green in the command autocomplete area. (MCPE-33788)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when killing and summoning a salmon with its navigation component removed.
- Reassigned Page Up and Page Down keys are now labeled correctly on the Settings screen.
- Controller hints now show the correct usage of "Open" and "Use" when looking at containers.
- Player names that are made up of only numbers are now surrounded with quotation marks when using autocomplete for slash commands
- Fixed a crash that could occur when kelp grows.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in worlds that contained locator maps.
- Shulker boxes that contain tropical fish buckets no longer cause lag. (MCPE-27167)