Xbox One, Windows 10, Android: October 18, 2018
Beta 18.104.22.168 was the second beta version released for 1.8.0, which added crossbows and new dye items.
- Stronger than bows, but slower to reload.
- Can be enchanted with new enchantments:
- Fires three arrows at once in different directions.
- Quick Charge
- Increases the reload speed.
- Projectiles pierce through enemies.
- Can shoot firework rockets holding the crossbow in one hand and the fireworks in the other.
- New dyes:
- Can now be fed by hand.
- Added additional sounds.
- Now sit and snack when the player give them bamboo, even if they're angry or scared.
- Increased damage dealt by aggressive pandas.
- Now drop the extra bamboo they have in their inventory.
- Improvements to how and when spawn positions are moved to safe locations.
- Content can now be sorted by "Updates Available" in the Marketplace inventory.
- Content can now be sorted and filtered by rating in the Marketplace.
- Information on scaffolding can now be found in the "How to Play" menu.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using the spawn eggs of several mobs on a monster spawner.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Beacon screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a world or opening in-game menus in some languages.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when hovering over a renamed firework charge (MCPE-37822).
- Fixed an error that occurred when attempting to start a split-screen session with a guest on Xbox One.
- Fixed an issue that caused scaffolding to flicker.
- Players can no longer fall through suspended scaffold blocks when holding crouch.
- Baby pandas now have idle sounds.
- When the player has just moved out of a block space, they can no longer place a repeater or comparator that can't be powered. (MCPE-36762)
- Fixed enchanted tridents being lost from anvils following a server disconnect. (MCPE-37526)
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Tridents to be duplicated. (MCPE-37900)
- Health boost and absorption effects no longer have the same icon.
- Fixed the animation of jumping while riding a horse in first person perspective.
- Fixed leaf blocks dropping leaves instead of saplings when broken without shears.
- Fixed the "Multiplayer Game" toggle appearing disabled when it is actually enabled.
- Relative coordinates in commands are once again consistent below 3 on the y-axis. (MCPE-35130)
- Using ⇧ Shift+Tab ↹ to reverse cycle through slash command auto-complete suggestions now properly cycles to the end of the list.
- Running the 'title' and 'subtitle' commands will once again override any titles and subtitles currently on screen.
minecraft:navigation.walk can now be used in component groups without causing the game to crash.