Xbox One, Windows 10, Android: June 14, 2018
Beta 126.96.36.199 is the first beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.6.0, released on June 14, 2018, which adds phantoms and barriers and fixes several crashes and bugs.
- Spawn in the night skies if a player hasn't slept in over three in-game days.
- Version exclusive: Currently drop leather upon death.
- Version exclusive: Sounds are affected by water.
- Will burn in sunlight.
- Menu and inventory tabs can now be navigated using the [ and ] keys (can be remapped in Settings).
- Pages can now be turned in the Book & Quill using the controller bumper buttons.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using Pick Block in a spot where a mob just died.
- Increased performance for menu load times.
- Fixed water flowing incorrectly from stairs that contained water source blocks.
- Top snow will now break once it hits water.
- MCPE-33830 - Fixed received items disappearing after trading a renamed item with a villager.
- MCPE-34169 - Maps once again update properly when held in the main hand.
- Players are now able to return to the Overworld if an end portal is on their spawn point.
- Lowered the volume of the 'punching air' sound effect.
- MCPE-34027 - Fixed guardians spawning even when mob spawning is disabled.
- Fixed Strays and Skeletons having trouble leaving the water to attack players.
- MCPE-33984 - Food particles no longer gradually change position after swimming and will always come out of the player's mouth area.
- Observers will now detect changes with droppers, dispensers, brewing stands, farmland, saplings, sugar cane, fire, and grass blocks.
- Items can once again be crafted from the recipe book while the Craftable filter is disabled and the player only has enough materials to craft a single recipe.
- Fixed the speed boost given by dolphins being too slow when wearing armor with Depth Strider.
- Wolves no longer get stuck attacking skeletons that are underwater.
- MCPE-25737 - Donkeys and mules can now only be ridden by players after being tamed.
- MCPE-13191 - Blazes now attack snow golems.
- MCPE-21218 - Using the
/setblock command on redstone components will now properly update and power the mechanism.
- MCPE-33021 - Command blocks now correctly conduct redstone power.
- Operator permissions are now granted to players when the host creates a world with Trust Player Permissions set to Operator.
- Buckets now stack properly when getting ejected from crafting output.
- Experience orbs spawned with the
/summon command will now grant experience to players.
- The gamepad cursor can now be used to navigate villager trades.
- Fixed overlapping issues with the dragon head equipped on the inventory screen.
- The crafting table's output field hover state now matches the field's size.
- Selecting the output of an uncraftable recipe no longer causes the output item to disappear.