Xbox One and Windows 10: October 9, 2019
Android: October 12, 2019
Beta 188.8.131.52 is the first beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.14.0, released on October 9–12, 2019, which adds bees and bee-related items.
- Bee hives
- Crafted with planks and honeycombs.
- Function the same as bee nests, but do not need a Silk Touch enchanted tool to be dropped.
- Bee nests
- Spawn naturally in flower forests, plains, and sunflower plains biomes.
- Can house up to 3 bees.
- Fill up with honey.
- Have a max honey level of 5.
- Can be obtained by using a Silk Touch enchanted tool.
- Honeycomb blocks
- Version exclusive: Crafted with 9 honeycombs.
- Are purely decorative.
- Honey blocks
- Crafted with 4 honey bottles.
- Drastically reduce movement speed and jump height.
- Can be climbed down, and will drag anything on them when moved by a piston.
- Honey bottles
- Can be used by drinking. It will restore 6 hunger points and 5 saturation points, as well as remove the Poison effect.
- Can be used to craft sugar and honey blocks.
- Obtained by using a bottle on full bee hives/nests.
- Obtained by using shears on full bee hives/nests.
- Can be used to craft bee hives and honeycomb blocks.
- Spawn eggs
- Have 10 health.
- Live in groups near hives and nests.
- If a bee does not have a home nest, it will wander around until it finds one.
- Can be bred using any flower.
- Attack in a swarm if provoked.
- When they attack, they give Poison to the target and die shortly after.
- Spawn eggs
- Are now sorted alphabetically in the Creative inventory.
- Menu screen
- Changed the title screen background to reflect bees and items related to them.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue with kelp growth causing lag in specific chunks. (MCPE-50175)
- Fixed the breaking animation for glass on certain packs.
- Capes now appear correctly in the skin picker.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the "Beam Me Up" achievement from being obtained. (MCPE-21425)
- Fixed an issue with that caused some skins to show a solid white cape. (MCPE-52005)
- Fixed a render distance issue that could cause an old style (limited) world to not load correctly if a player logged out in a specific corner of that world.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some capes to not scale to skins correctly in the character creator.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some selections in the character creator to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue that was causing scripting error messages to show on the Alien Worlds Marketplace pack.
- Minecart sounds now load and play correctly.
- Waterlogged blocks are no longer ticked by other redstone circuits in the same chunk.
- Armor can once again be equipped correctly from the creative inventory on touch screen devices. (MCPE-52413)
- Fixed an issue that was causing the crossbow to fire immediately after being loaded. (MCPE-52179)
- The Frost Walker enchantment once again freezes water correctly. (MCPE-52788)
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to fall from the sky after riding an entity in creative. (MCPE-52957)
- Arrows or tridents no longer fall through the ground after being deflected by a shield. (MCPE-44721)
- Farmland blocks once again revert into a dirt block when the player jumps on them.
- Placing armor on an armor stand in Creative no longer equips it on the player as well.
- Reduced the fox attack radius to match the Java Edition.
- Items held by foxes are no longer invisible. (MCPE-51993)
- Horses now use the correct (newer) model again.
- Improved the accuracy of pathfinding for flying mobs.
- The compass and clock are now animated correctly again when in the hotbar. (MCPE-52901)
- User interface
- Equipped carpets now appear correctly in the llama inventory again.
- Add-ons and script engine
- The boss health bar now shows correctly when creating custom wither entities.
- Custom entities once again show the health bar correctly while being ridden.