Xbox One, Windows 10, Android:
April 17, 2019
Beta 18.104.22.168 is the first beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.12.0, released on April 17, 2019, which adds new particles, reintroduces the camera, and includes many changes relating to add-ons and map-making.
- Has been re-added.
- Can only be obtained with the
- Has no functionality.
- Allows players to specify a radius circle for players to spawn in.
- Are related to delay option for commands.
- Added a new "Respawn Radius" option in the game settings.
minecraft: prefix for
/give to separate vanilla items and add-on items.
- Added new particles:
- Dedicated servers
- Enabled content logging on from a Bedrock Dedicated Server.
- Item IDs
- Item instance IDs can now be synchronized between clients and servers.
- Command blocks
- Added auto complete to command blocks.
- Added a delay option to command blocks.
- A delay can be added to the command block using the new field. The ticks for this delay are in redstone ticks.
- Now has its own section in the creative inventory, instead of under the chests category.
- Cartography tables and lecterns
- Adjusted and added UI tooltips for both blocks.
- Structure Block
- Now has an outline when placed.
- Wandering traders and zombie villagers
- Villager trading UI no longer opens and closes if the player is standing too far away.
- Clerics can now correctly pathfind to their job sites.
- Villagers that are actively trading with players will no longer run and hide if the raid bell rings.
- Added a sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade, such as during a raid.
- Cured villagers now keep the jobs they had before becoming a zombie.
- Illager captain
- Converting a normal pillager to a captain with the tag command now displays the banner correctly.
- Illager captains now drop banners correctly even if the world is reloaded.
- The Bad Omen effect is now only received when killing an illager captain, and not when dealing non-fatal damage with a bow or damage potion.
- Mob events can now be enabled and disabled in world templates.
- Animations and particles can be added without being linked to entities.
- Inventory, armor, and hand containers can be adapted through scripting.
- Sound effects can now be triggered by animation events.
- Added new executeCommand to the Scripting API.
- Added Scripting events for interaction with items, for example:
- Item picked up
- Item dropped
- Carried item changed
- Added One-shot animation support, allowing the ability to execute a single animation on an entity.
- Particle emitters can now trigger scripting events.
- Updated documentation of actor events, to document client-side usage of actor events in resource packs.
- "Add block" components now use JSON schemas.
- Added a screen to view content log errors.
- The log screen can be opened using Ctrl+H, or by going to Settings and then Profile.
- Added code to allow static validation scripts to be run locally.
- Custom blocks can now be added through Scripting.
- This is currently still a "work in progress" feature, and more functionality will be added in future updates.
- Custom blocks can currently only be added through additional JSON scripting.
- Custom blocks can only be placed with slash commands.
- Added new data-driven particles:
- Llama Spit
- Large Explosions
- Coloured Flames
- Redstone Dust
- Falling Dust
- Enchanting Table
- Added new data-driven animations:
- Fang Attack
- Shulker Bullets
- Updated documentation to include a breaking changes section
- Basic item related events have been exposed to the scripting API. This includes:
- Basic inventory events have been exposed to the scripting API. This includes:
- New block events and two new APIs have been included to query for blocks. This includes:
getBlock(Ticking Area, x, y, z)
getBlock(Ticking Area, PositionObject)
getBlocks(Ticking Area, x min, y min, z min, x max, y max, z max)
getBlocks(Ticking Area, Minimum PositionObject, Maximum PositionObject)
- Allows the scripting API to get the result of a slash command.
- Event data API:
- Allows creators to create event data, register and pass it to the event function.
- Updated demo pack.
- Biome generation is now customizable via behavior packs.
- Now plays when the keyboard shows up on the screen.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Improved chunk loading performance in multiplayer
- Further improvements to performance when using selectors with commands
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching players on Xbox
- Cached resource packs no longer cause lag on Nintendo Switch (MCPE-36976)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when launching the game on some Windows 10 devices
- Fixed a crash that could occur when certain interactive blocks (e.g. beds, chests, furnaces) are loading in when joining a realm.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when engaging in a fight with an elder guardian in an Ocean Monument
- Fixed a crash that could occur when throwing a trident with Loyalty enchantment
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when exiting the game
- Player permissions now apply correctly when more than one operator tries to adjust them
- Arrows that are shot into blocks keep their position when reloading the world
- Area of Effect clouds no longer try to spawn excessive numbers of particles when time of day is changed (MCPE-39595)
- Marketplace resource packs are now immediately applied after downloading in the world edit menu (MCPE-33121)
- The 'Always Day' toggle now correctly animates and shows the correct setting (MCPE-43304)
- Flowing water is no longer left behind after flowing over string (MCPE-36343)
- After the fishing_hook is killed by command the player can now cast the hook again without having to right click twice
- The screen reader prompt no longer appears every time the player adjusts the network settings on Nintendo Switch
- Removed an unnecessary Xbox Live sign-in notification
- Marketplace offers page can now show more than 25 items
- Items that are split between slots in the villager trade window still count as a total trade amount
- Blocks can once again be placed on unlit redstone ore (MCPE-44305)
- World settings now sync correctly between different Xbox devices
- Only players who fought in a raid see and receive the Hero effect in realms now
- Bells now ring when hit with splash and lingering potions
- Mob spawners now only spawn mobs if the light level is below 7 (MCPE-42427)
- Cocoa beans now break and drop when pushed by pistons (MCPE-41868)
- Fixed several related issues with end gateway portals. These should now teleport the player to the correct safe location when used (MCPE-43176, MCPE-43177, MCPE-19699)
- Efficiency pickaxes now break packed ice at a faster rate (MCPE-23648)
- Players that are being healed can still be knocked back by TNT
- Villagers now keep their job when cured (MCPE-42348)
- The grindstone now correctly combines and repairs two damaged items
- You can now interact with blocks with a charged crossbow on touch devices
- The Bad Omen effect is now only received when killing a pillager captain, and not when dealing non-fatal damage with a bow or damage potion
- Fixed various scenarios where certain blocks couldn't be placed until the game was restarted
- World Generation
- Fixed a bug on dedicated servers and realms which could cause the wrong block types to generate
- Tweaked the number of job sites in villages
- Cured villagers now keep their jobs
- Vindicators can now path correctly over carpet during raids
- The Wither no longer plays its spawning animation when reloading a world (MCPE-32415)
- Mobs will no longer path-find over Brewing Stands
- Added sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade (during a Raid, for instance)
- Pillager captains now drop banners correctly even if the world is reloaded
- Mobs will now spawn on double slabs (MCPE-30765)
- Re-added zombie villager sounds
- Mobs no longer get stuck when pathfinding on ladders (MCPE-43034)
- Added new Wandering Trader sounds
- Converting a normal Pillager to a Captain with tag commands now displays the banner correctly
- Evoker no longer moves too fast in "move to village" goal
- Villagers that are actively trading with players will no longer run and hide if the raid bell rings
- Clerics can now correctly pathfind to their jobsites
- Scaffolding can no longer be placed on conduit blocks (this matches Java now)
- The bell now swings towards a player when it is hit (matching Java) (MCPE-42469)
- Dropped items no longer prevent Mine Carts from being placed on Rails
- Empty glass bottles will now stack correctly when removed from brewing stands (MCPE-42175)
- Shields no longer appear too bright in item frames (MCPE-41222)
- Fixed sea grass texture brightness (MCPE-34795)
- Barrel item is now in proper place in creative inventory (MCPE-43946)
- Fixed a z-fighting texture issue on some villager skins
- Corrected the position of leads on Wolves
- Noteblock particles now correctly correspond to the notes played
- Fixed missing zombie villager skin
- Farmland now has the correct side and bottom texture (MCPE-42746)
- Fixed door and trapdoor texture issues (MCPE-43173)
- Dyed leather horse armor color no longer affects other horse armor (MCPE-43230)
- User Interface
- Added controller tooltips for Lectern UI
- Adjusted Cartography UI to fit Android screens when using Classic UI
- Villager trading UI no longer opens and closes if the player is standing too far away
- Added lectern UI controller tooltip
- Add-Ons and Script Engine
- Fixed a scripting bug that could cause the player to float
- Pickblock (middle click) now works correctly on non-vanilla entities that have been added using add-ons (MCPE-38205)
- ScriptAttackComponent and ScriptCollisionBoxComponent now correctly retrieve updated data
- Functions ran on a game loop now use an origin which has Game Master permissions, not Owner permissions
- Added a new constructor parameter to the ServerCommandOrigin so that the Function Manager can create an instance with upgraded permissions