Xbox One, Windows 10, Android:
March 7, 2019
Beta 188.8.131.52 is the third beta version released for 1.11.0.
- A message "Press T, RETURN, or Gamepad Button8 to open chat" is now sent when the player opens world.
- Revamped the trading system, for each villager type.
- An experience bar will show the player the villager's level and how many trades are available.
- Players now receive a discount from villager trades while they have the Hero of the Village status effect.
- Pillagers and vindicators will now drop new loot during a raid.
- When a raid starts, a horn is heard by every player in the dimension, coming from the direction of the raid's spawn point.
- Skin packs
- When choosing a skin from a skin pack, the selected skin will now be available between Bedrock devices using the same account.
- Added a screen for "Accessibility" in settings.
- Text-to-speech can be enabled for chat.
- UI screen reader can be enabled to say the name of controls and their current state.
- Cartography Table
- Can now be used to lock maps with a glass pane.
- Locked maps do not update to reflect explored areas or changes in the world. Unexplored areas will remain unexplored.
- Locked maps cannot be extended but can still be copied.
- Increased the amount of scaffolding that can be placed out from its initial support from 5 to 7.
- Can now be used to direct nearby villagers into their houses when rung.
- Wandering traders
- Are no longer only available through experimental gameplay.
- Will no longer resupply trades, and will despawn when out of trades.
- Zombie villagers
- Will update to the new zombie villagers when not part of template worlds.
- Will now resupply their trades when arriving at their job site.
- Now hide in houses during raids.
- Can no longer be traded with during a raid, and will emit sweat particles.
- Improved villager pathfinding.
- Iron golems
- Improved spawning and generation.
- Increased the radius for job site blocks, so villagers can get to them more often and are less angry.
- Status effects
- Hero of the Village can now be obtained by defeating a Raid, and lasts for three days.
- Added a use for the status effect, allowing a villager trading discount.
- How to Play screen has now been updated with Village & Pillage tips.
- Updated the scaffolding guide in How to Play slightly, to change the diagram of how much scaffolding can be placed from it's support
- Fixed the crash from the previous beta that could occur when re-joining a world while the Ender Dragon was in view
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the chest inside a taiga village Fletcher's house
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed the black screen that appeared after a suspend/resume on Android devices
- Template worlds using custom villager trades no longer crash the game
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using invalid characters on signs (MCPE-41671)
- Windows 10 players with Minecraft installed on a different drive no longer get an error message saying that they are out of storage space, unless they are truly out of space (MCPE-32501)
- Increased the visibility of the raid boss bar past the village bounds
- Hero of the Village is now granted for three in-game days instead of one after completing a raid
- Bells now ring in the preparation phase of raids
- Players no longer float around beds while sleeping (MCPE-41344)
- Omen now disappears after five in-game days, drinking milk, or dying
- World Generation
- Lily pads once again generate in the world (MCPE-42560)
- Fixed some buildings in villages not containing loot inside their chests
- Fixed ground level blocks getting cut from underneath village structures
- Beds will more commonly generate in villages
- Villagers from 1.10 worlds are now properly converted to new villagers
- Villagers can no longer get stuck inside composters.
- Villagers will actually follow proper etiquette and close doors behind them (MCPE-41170)
- Villagers no longer spend too much time at their job sites
- Villager children no longer stay out playing too late.
- Villagers that the player is trading with will no longer run and hide when a bell is rung until after the trade is complete
- Underwater mobs no longer spawn on land (MCPE-40783)
- Sorted out the Wandering Trader's priorities so they won't get attacked as easily
- Raiding mobs will now attack players and villagers if they are spotted on the way to a village
- Evokers now count towards the raid counter
- Fixed a white stripe that appeared on the Librarian's shoulder
- Skeletons once again turn before shooting
- Tamed cats now lay on their sides when sleeping on a bed (MCPE-40726)
- Composters now have proper lighting (MCPE-42561)
- Lanterns can once again be placed under stairs
- Corrected the breaking particles for the grindstone
- Sounds now play for job site blocks when villagers are using them
- Fixed campfires not looking right when using HD textures
- Using Ctrl + Pick block no longer creates a new bed with extra data attached (MCPE-42494)
- Banners can once again be copied in the crafting grid (MCPE-42534)
- Banners can once again be seen by players joining a world and no longer cause a crash when viewed in the inventory (MCPE-42529)
- User Interface
- The anvil output slot once again updates when removing items from the input slot (MCPE-42420)
- Bad Omen status now shows remaining time displayed on the mob effects screen