This article is about the Bedrock Edition. For other editions, see Version history
1.9, known as Village and Pillage, is an upcoming major update for Bedrock Edition with an unknown release date. It will add the rest of the features from the Village and Pillage update that weren't added into 1.8.
- Cartography Table
- Fletching Table
- Smithing Table
- Blast Furnace
- Acts as a new light source
- Now come in all different wood types: spruce, birch, acacia, jungle and dark oak.
- Smooth blocks
- Added smooth stone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone and smooth quartz block
- Added stone, andesite, polished andesite, diorite, polished diorite, granite, polished granite, mossy stone brick, mossy cobblestone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone, smooth quartz, red nether brick, and end stone brick slabs.
- Version exclusive: Added cut sandstone and cut red sandstone slabs.
- Added stone, andesite, polished andesite, diorite, polished diorite, granite, polished granite, mossy stone brick, mossy cobblestone, smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone, smooth quartz, red nether brick, and end stone brick stairs.
- Added brick, andesite, diorite, granite, prismarine, stone brick, mossy stone brick, sandstone, red sandstone, nether brick, red nether brick, and end stone brick walls.
- Bamboo forests
- Allows players to select whether a message appears in chat when a player or tamed mob dies
- Has new "Immediate Respawn" option
- Enables the use of raw text formatting to be able to send translatable text output to chat using JSON
- Added following particles:
- The number of commands run through functions can be limited with a new gamerule (defaults to 10,000) to limit performance issues.
- Can now be run every tick creating an update loop.
- Custom tags can be applied to entities and players to create more flexible selector groupings.
has_tag filter in components to allow checks to see if an entity has a specified tag.
- Autocomplete can be used for tags.
- Pause menu
- Added a new "feedback" button.
- Shows links to the Minecraft feedback site, Mojira bug tracker, and Mojang support.
- "How to Play" button is now visible from the in-game settings menu.
- Moss Stone has been renamed to Mossy Cobblestone.
- The crafting recipe of nether brick fences changed to 4 nether brick blocks and 2 nether brick items.
- Previously crafting recipe is now used to make a nether brick wall.
- Smooth sandstone and smooth red sandstone have been renamed to cut sandstone and cut red sandstone, respectively.
- Sign has been renamed to Oak Sign.
- An oak sign now requires oak planks to craft, instead of any wood planks.
- Stone slabs have been renamed to smooth stone slabs and now require smooth stone to craft, instead of regular stone.
- Can now be used to hold lava.
- Added several new loading screen tips and trivia suggested by the community.
- A notification is now sent to chat when a tamed animal dies (MCPE-35138)
- Tripwires are now activated when broken, unless broken with shears
- Improved performance when using Function commands; they are now pre-compiled on world reload
- Players can now join and play games with a minor version mismatch (MCPE-38945).
- Fixed a crash that occurred during gameplay
- MCPE-37941 – Fixed a crash that could occur when replacing a wooden door with an iron one
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using pickblock on a chest filled with written books
- Updated low disk space error message
- MCPE-38302 – Held items now show the correct texture when changing resource packs
- MCPE-38212 – Fixed touch controls so players no longer get stuck in sneak position when underwater
- Fixed Panda feeding animation
- MCPE-38321 – Crossbows no longer fire accidentally when interacting with blocks or mobs on touch screen devices
- MCPE-38314 – Crossbows can now be used to hit mobs
- MCPE-38358 – The trident throwing animation no longer gets mixed up with the new crossbow animation
- MCPE-38465 – Fixed the issue with breaking blocks when trying to fire a crossbow on touch screen devices
- Added new notification for worlds that have missing templates, with a prompt to redownload the relevant template from the store if necessary
- Improved text entry in various fields – text boxes can be highlighted and selected using the keyboard
- The skin picker menu now only displays progress/loading animation when online
- Fixed missing "Save to Microsoft account" message when saving purchases on Nintendo Switch in handheld mode
- Players can no longer change their customized player permissions in multiplayer games
- MCPE-35130 – Fixed remaining commands that use relative coordinates that are below y=3
- MCPE-22480 – Shulker boxes now push mobs when opening
- Error messages are now more informative when trying to join an unavailable world
- MCPE-35910 – Fixed a remaining issue that could cause a sudden change in direction on touch screen devices
- MCPE-38300 – Falling block entities can now be killed using commands
- MCPE-28864 – Defeating the Ender Dragon now drops the correct amount of XP and generates a Dragon Egg in converted worlds
- MCPE-35134 – Vines collected with silk touch tools can be used correctly in banner designs
- MCPE-35138 – A notification is now put in the chat when a tamed animal dies.
- MCPE-19699 – End gateway portals now work correctly even if the destination area has already been generated
- MCPE-12025 – Dropped items are now correctly displaced by slabs and glass
- Improved marketplace navigation when using a controller or keyboard
- Fixed the swimming animation of the "Syrena" skin in Pirates of the Caribbean Mash-up pack
- MCPE-36340 – Repeating command blocks now keep their 'always active' state when cloned
- MCPE-36952 – Clocks and Compass items now load in correctly when joining a world