This is a list of Bedrock Edition 1.8.0 development versions.
Beta 126.96.36.199 was the second beta version released for 1.8.0, which added crossbows and new dye items.
- Stronger than bows, but slower to reload.
- Can be enchanted with new enchantments:
- Fires three arrows at once in different directions.
- Quick Charge
- Increases the reload speed.
- Projectiles pierce through enemies.
- Can shoot firework rockets holding the crossbow in one hand and the fireworks in the other.
- New dyes:
- Can now be fed by hand.
- Added additional sounds.
- Now sit and snack when the player give them bamboo, even if they're angry or scared.
- Increased damage dealt by aggressive pandas.
- Now drop the extra bamboo they have in their inventory.
- Improvements to how and when spawn positions are moved to safe locations.
- Content can now be sorted by "Updates Available" in the Marketplace inventory.
- Content can now be sorted and filtered by rating in the Marketplace.
- Information on scaffolding can now be found in the "How to Play" menu.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using the spawn eggs of several mobs on a monster spawner.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Beacon screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a world or opening in-game menus in some languages.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when hovering over a renamed firework charge (MCPE-37822).
- Fixed an error that occurred when attempting to start a split-screen session with a guest on Xbox One.
- Fixed an issue that caused scaffolding to flicker.
- Players can no longer fall through suspended scaffold blocks when holding crouch.
- Baby pandas now have idle sounds.
- When the player has just moved out of a block space, they can no longer place a repeater or comparator that can't be powered. (MCPE-36762)
- Fixed enchanted tridents being lost from anvils following a server disconnect. (MCPE-37526)
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Tridents to be duplicated. (MCPE-37900)
- Health boost and absorption effects no longer have the same icon.
- Fixed the animation of jumping while riding a horse in first person perspective.
- Fixed leaf blocks dropping leaves instead of saplings when broken without shears.
- Fixed the "Multiplayer Game" toggle appearing disabled when it is actually enabled.
- Relative coordinates in commands are once again consistent below 3 on the y-axis. (MCPE-35130)
- Using ⇧ Shift+Tab ↹ to reverse cycle through slash command auto-complete suggestions now properly cycles to the end of the list.
- Running the 'title' and 'subtitle' commands will once again override any titles and subtitles currently on screen.
minecraft:navigation.walk can now be used in component groups without causing the game to crash.
Beta 188.8.131.52 was the third beta version released for 1.8.0, which made some changes to pandas and fixed several issues.
- All default pandas now bite once when attacked.
- Aggressive pandas defend other pandas.
- Added new aggressive panda skin.
- Pandas now broadcast their anger to aggressive pandas.
- Aggressive pandas will now defend baby pandas that get hit.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that occurred when joining multiplayer servers
- MCPE-38041 – The player's arm now moves at the correct speed when breaking blocks
- MCPE-38263 – Custom entities can now correctly use the
- MCPE-38054 – Players can now correctly use scaffolding that is in or near water
- MCPE-38059 – Flight controls on mobile devices now work correctly after climbing scaffolding
- MCPE-31726 – Fixed a bug that caused horses (and variants) to show flashing colors on certain devices (no more disco horses!)
- MCPE-37192 – Fixed a bug that caused a significant performance drop when rendering chunks
- Gamerule commands can now only be changed by operators
- MCPE-38098 – Falling blocks (such as sand) will no longer cause scaffolding extensions to fall
- Fixed a bug that could result in the a player's spawn point being changed inadvertently
- Pressing the "Go Back" button in "Turn Off Achievements" window no longer changes the game mode in World Settings
- MCPE-38278 – Pandas no longer become stuck in a sitting position after reloading the world
- Newly equipped player skins now apply correctly to the paper-doll model
- Endermen will no longer have a missing jaw
- Blocks now disappear more quickly when broken quickly in creative
- Search results in the Marketplace are now more consistent when searching through all content
- Only templates are suggested in the "Get More Templates" menu now
- MCPE-38194 – Using a bucket of fish in a dispenser no longer crashes the game
- Dyed beds now have the correct crafting recipe
- MCPE-35910 – Fixed the bug where the player would unexpectedly turn in a random direction
- MCPE-38107 – Double slabs will now create the correct type of block
- Fixed a bug where the world could crash if the player exited the world whilst using a nether portal
- Selecting an unowned skin now directs you to the expanded skin picker menu
Beta 184.108.40.206 was the fourth beta version released for 1.8.0, which fixed several bugs.
- Pandas will now more quickly return to their normal behavior after following a player holding bamboo.
- Only players with Operator permissions can use
/gamerule command now.
- The command to set scoreboard objectives names is now recognized.
- Added a recipe for undyed shulker boxes.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could happen when attempting to make a marketplace purchase
- Fixed a bug where template text colors could interfere with other UI messages
- MCPE-38302 – Fixed the bug that caused items to show the wrong texture after loading a new texture pack
- Fixed an instance where a world save could become corrupt and disappear from the world list
- Improved performance on some devices with less available memory
- MCPE-38292 – Fixed tamed cats having disconnected limbs whilst sitting
- Empty monster spawners no longer show fire particles
- Fixed a crash that occurred when exporting with the structure block
- Improved the marketplace search results when using filters
- Added missing undyed shulker box recipe
- Ocelots' legs no longer levitate when sneaking
- MCPE-38184 – Sheep now move their heads correctly when looking at the player
- Fixed some missing marketplace pack icons
- Adjusted the climbing speed slightly so players no longer experience a flashing screen when climbing scaffolding
- Fixed several related graphical issues that could occur when resuming the game
- Optimised marketplace images for certain devices
- Fixed witch texture in Elf Islands Heroes World pack
- Fixed the Husk model in Candyworld marketplace map
- Fixed the position of bows held by mobs in the Papercraft Adventure marketplace map
- Replaced the missing Mooshroom legs in the Adventurer's Dreams marketplace map
- Fixed the geometry for Ocelots that have custom models
- Saddles are no longer invisible in the Adventurer's Dreams marketplace map
- Fixed the rotation of the Llama's legs in various marketplace maps
- Fixed the head size and position of the Banshee Nightmares in A Nightmare in Candyworld marketplace map
- Mobs now sit at the correct height when riding other mobs in the Stranded in Space marketplace map
- Fixed models in the CampCraft marketplace world template
- Evoker no longer has disjointed arms in the Jurassic Depths world
Beta 220.127.116.11 was the fifth and final beta version released for 1.8.0, and fixed several bugs.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on launch.
- MCPE-38690 – Fixed a crash that was sometimes triggered by picking up a banner in multiplayer.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player dropped an item.
- Fixed the bug that would cause the game to freeze when resumed on some devices.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when minimizing and resuming the game at the main menu.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay.
- MCPE-38639 – Items are no longer duplicated in the crafting grid when reloading the world.
- MCPE-38674 – Bamboo now drops as an item when broken by the player.
- MCPE-38706 – Mob spawners now spawn mobs once again.
- Skin picker should now load in skins correctly with a stable internet connection.
- Further optimization tweaks for marketplace images.
- MCPE-38738 – Fixed the walking animation for skeletons and strays.
- Fixed the size of the axe held by Vindicators.
- Fixed the side texture of guardians.
- Replaced the missing salmon tails.
- Fixed the tail position of ocelots chasing chickens.
- Fixed the wing flapping animation of chickens.
Beta 18.104.22.168 was the first beta version released for 1.8.0, which added some of the features of Village and Pillage and fixed bugs.
- A new climbable block that can be crafted using bamboo and string.
- Climb by pressing the jump key and go down by pressing the sneak key.
- Spawn in jungles.
- Will seek out bamboo and cake items and eat them.
- Can have different personalities: either normal, aggressive, lazy or playful.
- Baby pandas will sometimes sneeze, making nearby pandas jump: when they sneeze, they have a chance to drop a slime ball.
- Have a chance of finding a brown panda which is very rare.
- Sometimes roll and sit on hind legs.
- Ported from Java Edition.
- Only the following particles are available (prefix
minecraft: is necessary):
- Reloads all function files from all behavior packs.
minecraft: prefix for
/summon to separate vanilla entities and add-on entities.
- Added gamerule
- Fishing loot has now been changed in jungles. When fishing in a jungle biome, the fish rewarded are now cod and salmon only. Cookedness status unknown.
- Bamboo is now obtainable as a junk item when fishing in jungles.
- Are no longer tamable.
- Players can now feed ocelots to gain their trust.
- Are now afraid of cats and will not swoop while cats are around.
- Can now be crafted from bamboo.
- Tropical fish
- Witch huts
- Black cats will now spawn in witch huts.
- Skeleton horse and zombie horse foals now have a chance of being spawned using a spawn egg.
- Re-added to the game but only from summon command
- Re-added but only using nbt editor.
- The splash screen now has an animated loading bar.
- The following commands can now be run in game without turning on cheats:
- Command blocks now have the default name of "!" instead of "@".
- More skin packs are now shown in the skin picker menu, and each pack can be opened and viewed in its own page.
- The auto-complete list for player mentions now work in slash commands.
- The user can now send links to their favorite Marketplace content using the share button.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that would occur if the player was disconnected while loading resource packs
- Fixed a crash that would occur on Xbox One if the player signed out too quickly after signing in
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the splash loading screen on Windows 10 Mobile
- Fixed a crash that could occur on startup for Gear VR
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using lava buckets on fish
- Fixed a bug where multiple UI screens could be opened at once, causing the game to crash
- MCPE-36274 - Fixed a crash that could occur due to a recently added Windows 10 feature
- MCPE-19535 - Fixed the bug where players on Realms could be instantly killed in one shot by a Blaze fireball attack
- MCPE-35857 - Planting crops continuously will no longer skip blocks
- MCPE-17144 - Tamed wolves will now tilt their heads when the player is holding meat
- MCPE-14426 - Magma cubes no longer inflict damage during their death animation
- MCPE-21863 - Mobs in minecarts no longer activate adjacent detector rails
- MCPE-19156 - Ghast sounds are no longer repeated when they are shooting fireballs
- MCPE-37387 - Crafting multiple cakes using the recipe book will now return the correct number of empty buckets to the player
- MCPE-16141 - Wall signs no longer show different types of wood particles when being broken
- MCPE-23498 - Explosions will now drop blocks if the default game mode is Creative and Tile Drops are enabled
- MCPE-37328 - Flower pots that contain saplings will once again drop the correct type when broken
- MCPE-36795 - Players will now face forwards when entering a boat
- MCPE-36741 - Removed "MCPE!" from the list of splash screen messages
- Water now renders correctly when surrounded by Barrier Blocks
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause black visual glitches to appear around blocks when riding a horse
- MCPE-31242 - Players will no longer teleport when standing against a non-full block and reloading the game
- Fixed incorrect interact buttons appearing briefly for certain mobs on touch screen devices
- The achievement button no longer appears in the pause menu if not signed into Xbox Live
- Fixed a bug where players could see through solid blocks when swimming
- The multiplayer toggle is now accurately shown when using platform restricted content on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- MCPE-13799 - Double wooden slabs can now be placed regardless of crosshair position
- MCPE-37492 - Pistons no longer drop as items when being pushed or pulled
- MCPE-18518 - Large Slimes and Magma Cubes now have the correct sized hitbox based on their size
- MCPE-37155 - Kelp will now only grow into water source blocks or full downward flowing water, and no longer creates a new source block
- MCPE-36917 - Fixed an exploit where rails could be duplicated
- MCPE-19015 - Lightning no longer strikes if the destination is in a cold biome
- MCPE-37257 - Fixed mobs not always taking fall damage when they should
- MCPE-33686 - The "Body Guard" achievement can now be unlocked after creating an Iron Golem
- Fixed rare enchantments being too hard to get at higher levels
- The right bumper button now correctly scrolls through the tabs in the game menu on Nintendo Switch
- MCPE-13758 - The hitbox of piston arms now matches the size and shape correctly
- MCPE-28812 - Players no longer fall through Shulker Boxes as they open
- Improved the loading time of various game files
- Fixed the buttons used on the startup message for players using Windows Mixed Reality
- MCPE-37269 - Worlds larger than 1GB can now be copied and exported on Windows 10
- MCPE-36799 - Added an underscore to frozen_river in the biomes_client.json so it matches the other vanilla Resource Pack entries
- The player locator map marker now faces the right direction when aboard a boat
- MCPE-34864 - Fixed an issue with custom player permissions that might not apply correctly in multiplayer
- MCPE-34926 - Potion of Slow Falling will now slow down Elytra descent
- MCPE-32635 - Multiple items can be collected when trading with villagers again when using touch controls
- Fixed a bug where only white firework stars could be crafted
- The player's hands are now properly rotated and positioned when aboard a boat and holding a bow
- MCPE-33788 - Lava blocks no longer appear green in the command autocomplete area
- Fixed a crash that occurred when killing and summoning a salmon with its navigation component removed
- Reassigned Page Up and Page Down keys are now labeled correctly on the Settings screen
- Controller hints now show the correct usage of "Open" and "Use" when looking at containers
- Player names that are made up of only numbers are now surrounded with quotation marks when using autocomplete for slash commands
- Fixed a crash that could occur when kelp grows
- Fixed a crash that could occur in worlds that contained locator maps
- MCPE-27167 - Shulker boxes that contain tropical fish buckets no longer cause lag