Bedrock Edition 1.8
|Planned release date||
|Other editions of 1.8|
1.8, referred to as the "Holiday Update", is an upcoming major update for Bedrock Edition with a possible release date of mid-to-late December 2018. It will add some of the features from the Village and Pillage update, like pandas, bamboo, scaffolding and cats. However, it won't add all of them – the main Village and Pillage features, such as pillagers and new village structures, will come in a later version.
- New weapon.
- Crossbows can be enchanted with three new enchantments
- Stronger than bow, but takes longer to recharge.
- New dye items
- Spawn eggs
- Stray cats
- New enchantments for crossbows
- Fast Load
- Decreases the reload time
- Shoots 3 arrows at once
- Shoots through mobs.
- Fast Load
- Ported from Java Edition.
- Only the following particles are available (prefix
- Reloads all function files from all behavior packs.
/summonto separate vanilla entities and add-on entities.
- Can now be crafted with bamboo.
- The bow in the hotbar now shows an arrow when being drawn.
- Now are afraid of cats and will not swoop while cats are around.
- Increased the size of tropical fish.
- Skeleton horse and zombie horse
- Foals now have a chance of being spawned using a spawn egg.
- Can no longer be tamed.
- The player can still feed them to gain their trust.
- Ocelots can now be fed pufferfish and tropical fish items.
- Re-added to the game, but only if Education Edition toggle is turned on.
- Can be only summoned using
- Re-added to the game, but can only be spawned using nbt editor
- Witch huts now spawn with a black cat in them.
- Bamboo can now be found in Shipwreck and Jungle Temple chests.
- Fishing catches have been changed in the jungle biome.
- Now only raw cod and raw salmon can be caught as fish in a jungle.
- Bamboo can now be caught as a junk item from fishing in a jungle.
- Splash screen
- Now has an animated loading bar.
- More skin packs are now shown in the skin picker menu, and each pack can be opened and viewed in its own page.
- The autocomplete list for player mentions now work in slash commands
- The player can now send links to their favorite Marketplace content using the share button.
- Improvements to how and when spawn positions are moved to safer places.
- Content can now be sorted by 'Updates avaliable' in the Marketplace inventory.
- Content can now be sorted and filtered by rating in the Marketplace.
- How to play:
- Added a guide for Scaffolding.
- The following commands can now be run in game without turning on cheats:
- Updates to add-ons:
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if the player was disconnected while loading resource packs.
- Fixed a crash that would occur on Xbox One if the player signed out too quickly after signing in.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the splash loading screen on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on startup for Gear VR.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using lava buckets on fish.
- Fixed a bug where multiple UI screens could be opened at once, causing the game to crash.
- : Fixed a crash that could occur due to a recently added Windows 10 feature.
- : Fixed the bug where players on Realms could be instantly killed in one shot by a Blaze fireball attack.
- Planting crops continuously will no longer skip blocks.
- : Tamed wolves will now tilt their heads when the player is holding meat.
- : Magma cubes no longer inflict damage during their death animation.
- : Mobs in minecarts no longer activate adjacent detector rails.
- : Ghast sounds are no longer repeated when they are shooting fireballs.
- : Crafting multiple cakes using the recipe book will now return the correct number of empty buckets to the player.
- : Wall signs no longer show different types of wood particles when being broken.
- : Explosions will now drop blocks if the default game mode is Creative and Tile Drops are enabled.
- : Flower pots that contain saplings will once again drop the correct type when broken.
- : Players will now face forwards when entering a boat.
- : Removed "MCPE!" from the list of splash screen messages.
- Water now renders correctly when surrounded by Barrier Blocks.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause black visual glitches to appear around blocks when riding a horse.
- : Players will no longer teleport when standing against a non-full block and reloading the game.
- Fixed incorrect interact buttons appearing briefly for certain mobs on touch screen devices.
- The achievement button no longer appears in the pause menu if not signed into Xbox Live.
- Fixed a bug where players could see through solid blocks when swimming.
- The multiplayer toggle is now accurately shown when using platform restricted content on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- : Double wooden slabs can now be placed regardless of crosshair position.
- : Pistons no longer drop as items when being pushed or pulled.
- : Large Slimes and Magma Cubes now have the correct sized hitbox based on their size.
- : Kelp will now only grow into water source blocks or full downward flowing water, and no longer creates a new source block.
- : Fixed an exploit where rails could be duplicated.
- : Lightning no longer strikes if the destination is in a cold biome.
- : Fixed mobs not always taking fall damage when they should.
- : The "Body Guard" achievement can now be unlocked after creating an Iron Golem.
- Fixed rare enchantments being too hard to get at higher levels.
- The right bumper button now correctly scrolls through the tabs in the game menu on Nintendo Switch.
- : The hitbox of piston arms now matches the size and shape correctly.
- : Players no longer fall through Shulker Boxes as they open.
- Improved the loading time of various game files.
- Fixed the buttons used on the startup message for players using Windows Mixed Reality.
- : Worlds larger than 1GB can now be copied and exported on Windows 10.
- : Added a underscore to frozen_river in the biomes_client.json so it matches the other vanilla Resource Pack entries.
- The player locator map marker now faces the right direction when aboard a boat.
- : Fixed an issue with custom player permissions that might not apply correctly in multiplayer.
- : Potion of Slow Falling will now slow down Elytra descent.
- : Multiple items can be collected when trading with villagers again when using touch controls.
- Fixed a bug where only white firework stars could be crafted.
- The player's hands are now properly rotated and positioned when aboard a boat and holding a bow.
- : Lava blocks no longer appear green in the command autocomplete area.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when killing and summoning a salmon with its navigation component removed.
- Reassigned Page Up and Page Down keys are now labelled correctly on the Settings screen.
- Controller hints now show the correct usage of "Open" and "Use" when looking at containers.
- Player names that are made up of only numbers are now surrounded with quotation marks when using autocomplete for slash commands.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when kelp grows.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in worlds that contained locator maps.
- : Shulker boxes that contain tropical fish buckets no longer cause lag.
- “A lot of people misunderstood it, there was definitely some confusing messages from Minecon - they were about bedrock only, but it wasn't clear. There's currently no plans for a separate holiday update on Java Edition.” – @Dinnerbone, October 11, 2018
- "Minecraft Beta - 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback