1.8.0 is a major update for Bedrock Edition that was released on December 11, 2018. It added some of the features from the Village and Pillage update, including pandas, bamboo, scaffolding, crossbows, and cats as a separate mob from ocelots.
- Can be found while fishing in jungles and will appear in some chests
- Spawning naturally in the world will come in a future update.
- New weapon.
- Crossbows can be enchanted with three new enchantments
- Stronger than bow, but takes longer to recharge.
- Can be obtained when "Experimental Gameplay" is turned on in settings.
- New dye items
- Spawn eggs
- Re-added to the game, but can only be spawned using an NBT Editor[verify]
- Spawn in jungles.
- Eat bamboo and cake items.
- Have different personalities – lazy, playful, aggressive or worried.
- Have a rare brown variant.
- Stray cats
- Spawn in villages.
- Can be tamed using fish.
- Bring gifts to the player.
- Have dyeable collars, like dogs.
- Can be only summoned using
- New enchantments for crossbows
- Quick Charge
- Decreases the reload time
- Shoots 3 arrows or fireworks but only consumes 1.
- Version exclusive New Achievements, which include the following:
- Top of the World - Place Scaffolding to the world limit (20G)
- Where have you been? - Receive a gift from a tamed cat in the morning (20G)
- Zoologist - Breed two Pandas with bamboo (40G)
- Ported from Java Edition.
- Only the following particles are available (prefix
minecraft: is necessary):
- Reloads all function files from all behavior packs.
minecraft: prefix for
/summon to separate vanilla entities and add-on entities.
- Added gamerule
- Command blocks
- Now have the default name of "!" instead of "@".
- Packed ice
- Shulker Box
- Added a recipe for undyed shulker box.
- Can now be crafted with bamboo.
- The bow in the hotbar now shows an arrow when being drawn.
- "Dandelion yellow", "rose red" and "cactus green" have been renamed to "yellow dye", "red dye" and "green dye", respectively.
- Firework Rockets
- Can now be placed in the off-hand slot.
- Now are afraid of cats and will not swoop while cats are around.
- Tropical Fish
- Skeleton horses and zombie horses
- Foals now have a chance of being spawned using a spawn egg.
- Can no longer be tamed.
- The player can still feed them to gain their trust.
- Ocelots can now be fed pufferfish and tropical fish items.
- Catches have been changed in the jungle biome.
- Now only raw cod and raw salmon can be caught as fish in a jungle.
- Bamboo can now be caught as a junk item from fishing in a jungle.
- The Lion Tamer achievement's description has now been changed from 'Tame an Ocelot' into 'Gain the trust of an Ocelot' due to ocelots no longer being able to turn into cats by feeding them fish. Now to unlock this achievement the player must feed fish to an ocelot until it trusts them, which is indicated by the ocelot emitting heart particles.
- The following commands can now be run in game without turning on cheats
- Now only players with operator permissions can use game rules.
- The commands to set scoreboards' names are now recognized.
- Splash screen
- Now has an animated loading bar.
- More skin packs are now shown in the skin picker menu, and each pack can be opened and viewed in its own page.
- The autocomplete list for player mentions now work in slash commands
- The player can now send links to their favorite Marketplace content using the share button.
- Improvements to how and when spawn positions are moved to safer places.
- Content can now be sorted by 'Updates available' in the Marketplace inventory.
- Content can now be sorted and filtered by rating in the Marketplace.
- How to play
- Updates to add-ons
- The player can now add their own mobs, particles and more without having to replace any vanilla features.
- Panorama Screen
- Health Boost and Absorption icons have now changed to look different.
- Fixed several crashes that occurred during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if the player was disconnected while loading resource packs.
- Fixed a crash that would occur on Xbox One if the player signed out too quickly after signing in.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the splash loading screen on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on startup for Gear VR.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using lava buckets on fish.
- Fixed a bug where multiple UI screens could be opened at once, causing the game to crash.
- MCPE-36274: Fixed a crash that could occur due to a recently added Windows 10 feature.
- MCPE-19535: Fixed the bug where players on Realms could be instantly killed in one shot by a Blaze fireball attack.
- MCPE-35857 Planting crops continuously will no longer skip blocks.
- MCPE-17144: Tamed wolves will now tilt their heads when the player is holding meat.
- MCPE-14426: Magma cubes no longer inflict damage during their death animation.
- MCPE-21863: Mobs in minecarts no longer activate adjacent detector rails.
- MCPE-19156: Ghast sounds are no longer repeated when they are shooting fireballs.
- MCPE-37387: Crafting multiple cakes using the recipe book will now return the correct number of empty buckets to the player.
- MCPE-16141: Wall signs no longer show different types of wood particles when being broken.
- MCPE-23498: Explosions will now drop blocks if the default game mode is Creative and Tile Drops are enabled.
- MCPE-37328: Flower pots that contain saplings will once again drop the correct type when broken.
- MCPE-36795: Players will now face forwards when entering a boat.
- MCPE-36741: Removed "MCPE!" from the list of splash screen messages.
- Water now renders correctly when surrounded by Barrier Blocks.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause black visual glitches to appear around blocks when riding a horse.
- MCPE-31242: Players will no longer teleport when standing against a non-full block and reloading the game.
- Fixed incorrect interact buttons appearing briefly for certain mobs on touch screen devices.
- The achievement button no longer appears in the pause menu if not signed into Xbox Live.
- Fixed a bug where players could see through solid blocks when swimming.
- The multiplayer toggle is now accurately shown when using platform restricted content on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- MCPE-13799: Double wooden slabs can now be placed regardless of crosshair position.
- MCPE-37492: Pistons no longer drop as items when being pushed or pulled.
- MCPE-18518: Large Slimes and Magma Cubes now have the correct sized hitbox based on their size.
- MCPE-37155: Kelp will now only grow into water source blocks or full downward flowing water, and no longer creates a new source block.
- MCPE-36917: Fixed an exploit where rails could be duplicated.
- MCPE-19015: Lightning no longer strikes if the destination is in a cold biome.
- MCPE-37257: Fixed mobs not always taking fall damage when they should.
- MCPE-33686: The "Body Guard" achievement can now be unlocked after creating an Iron Golem.
- Fixed rare enchantments being too hard to get at higher levels.
- The right bumper button now correctly scrolls through the tabs in the game menu on Nintendo Switch.
- MCPE-13758: The hitbox of piston arms now matches the size and shape correctly.
- MCPE-28812: Players no longer fall through Shulker Boxes as they open.
- Improved the loading time of various game files.
- Fixed the buttons used on the startup message for players using Windows Mixed Reality.
- MCPE-37269: Worlds larger than 1GB can now be copied and exported on Windows 10.
- MCPE-36799: Added a underscore to frozen_river in the biomes_client.json so it matches the other vanilla Resource Pack entries.
- The player locator map marker now faces the right direction when aboard a boat.
- MCPE-34864: Fixed an issue with custom player permissions that might not apply correctly in multiplayer.
- MCPE-34926: Potion of Slow Falling will now slow down Elytra descent.
- MCPE-32635: Multiple items can be collected when trading with villagers again when using touch controls.
- Fixed a bug where only white firework stars could be crafted.
- The player's hands are now properly rotated and positioned when aboard a boat and holding a bow.
- MCPE-33788: Lava blocks no longer appear green in the command autocomplete area.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when killing and summoning a salmon with its navigation component removed.
- Reassigned Page Up and Page Down keys are now labelled correctly on the Settings screen.
- Controller hints now show the correct usage of "Open" and "Use" when looking at containers.
- Player names that are made up of only numbers are now surrounded with quotation marks when using autocomplete for slash commands.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when kelp grows.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in worlds that contained locator maps.
- MCPE-27167: Shulker boxes that contain tropical fish buckets no longer cause lag.
Video made by slicedlime: