Bedrock Edition 1.16.210/Development versions
- 1 beta 22.214.171.124
- 2 beta 126.96.36.199
- 3 beta 188.8.131.52
- 4 beta 184.108.40.206
- 5 beta 220.127.116.11
- 6 Notes and references
This is a list of Bedrock Edition 1.16.210 development versions.
- Players are once again able to join servers when the server has view-distance set to 4 or less ( ).
- Animations for custom mobs based on vanilla actor types for their "runtime_identifier" (such as Pandas and Polar Bears) will now work properly ( ).
- Brought back capability to rejoin a server after it has been suspended and resumed.
- Fixed the screen reader not reading the title on the Permissions screen.
- Achievement Screen
- Removed the input legend of the Achievement page Summary panel when narration is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the scrollbar could be hidden behind the input legend.
- Fixed achievement details page getting its content hidden behind the Input legend.
- Updated size of achievement reward frame.
- Updated frame art for locked achievements.
- Now show the block breaking animation when being mined.
- No longer transparent when looked at through clouds.
- Now grants partial knockback protection from the goat ram attack.
- Goat spawn egg texture has been updated.
- No longer attack back after being rammed by a goat.
- Now drops 1–2 raw mutton upon death.
- Model has been updated to have correct rotation for its head.
- Now only breed one baby at a time.
- No longer set ram attack position to unreachable block behind obstacle.
- Can now jump to several non-full blocks like slabs and stairs.
- No longer jump from honey.
- No longer jump onto magma blocks.
- No longer attack armor stands.
- Now only drop 2 horns each.
- The number of horns left to drop is represented on the model.
- No longer perform radically high jumps.
- No longer overshoot or undershoot their jumps.
- Now flip their knockback target slightly higher in the air.
- Can now go through non-solid blocks (like grass and flowers) when they ram.
- Now knock back the first target it intersects.
- Baby goats now knockback their target at a shorter distance.
- Baby goats don't jump as far as the adults.
- Vanilla Parity
- Pouring water on Top Snow no longer creates snowballs.
- Using bone meal in warm ocean biomes now only generates sea grass, coral, and coral fans ( ).
- Updated outdated loading screen tips ( , ).
- Mining a Crimson Hyphae with Silk Touch now returns a placeable block.
- Fixed a bug where parrots could fly upwards indefinitely.
- Zombie villagers spawned from zombie spawners on Marketplace worlds that were created after version 1.11 now correctly spawn as V2 zombie villagers. When cured, they will now correctly turn into V2 villagers.
- Horses, Donkeys, Mules, Skeleton Horses, and Zombie Horses can now properly be given custom names, and identified using their respective "runtime_identifier".
- Fixed an issue with maps rendering over transparent objects when attached to item frames in RTX worlds.
- Reduced ghosting of fish when viewed through the water with DLSS enabled.
Beta 18.104.22.168 is the third beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.16.210, released on December 17, 2020, which brought changes to powder snow, added full screen keyboard shortcut, and fixes bugs. This was the last beta released in 2020.
- Using a bucket on powder snow creates a powder snow bucket.
- Powder snow buckets can be used to place powder snow.
- Whether entities take damage from freezing inside of powder snow.
- Now emits particles when an entity is moving inside of it, or landing on it.
- Freezing effect is now removed from any mobs or players that catch fire.
- Mobs that have sunk into powder snow now can navigate through it.
- Entities on fire now have their fires extinguished when stepping into powder snow.
- Redstone dust, torches and item frames can no longer be placed on powder snow.
- Gravity blocks no longer break when landing on powder snow.
- While within powder snow blocks third person camera is no longer pushed to the inside of the character's head.
- Mobs spawned inside Powder snow no longer have a risk of spawning underground.
- Powder snow block form are no longer present in Creative Inventory anymore ( ).
- Powder snow no longer stops projectiles in Bedrock ( ).
- Lightweight mobs now can climb and navigate through powder snow blocks.
- Rabbits, silverfish and endermites don't fall through powder snow blocks.
- An entity walking through powder snow will make the correct step sound regardless of which block is being walked on.
- Wearing Leather Boots now allows entities to climb powder snow Blocks ( ).
- Powder snow now have unique interaction sounds.
- Leather armor
- Wearing any piece of leather armor now prevents freezing entirely.
- Now avoids walking into powder snow while path-finding.
- Added new slash command options for passing in a list of block states to set on the block being spawned.
- Now removed entirely from the game.
- Added death messages for freezing:
- "<player> froze to death".
- Fullscreen can now be toggled with F11 keyboard shortcut.
- Broadcasting options are now completely removed from the game, since Mixer streaming services are no longer available.
- Added a new particle type:
- Nether Ambient Sounds
- Mobile players now experience ambient sounds in The Nether ( ).
- Shulker Boxes no longer lose their inventory when undyed in cauldrons ( ).
- Added new logic for mobs dismounting rideables.
- This also introduces a more fine grained entity height check allowing different dismount places for entities of different heights.
- The player will no longer dismount into liquids (lava or water) from rideables such as boats.
- Sign in failures now have a more helpful error message and provide error codes.
- In all worlds created with the same seed, the same chest will now always generate the same content in the same order ( ).
- Double Chests placed at chunk borders don't become partially invisible and don't crash the title when they are opened ( ).
- Golden Apple and Enchanted Apple now have colored hotbar text when selecting them ( ).
rotate_rider_byto function for custom mobs.
- Added text-to-speech setting to the Audio settings.
- Added stop action command.
- Re-added back into the game.
- Can now delete saved structure list with
- Changed the following options names:
- "Enable Text To Speech For Chat" to "Text To Speech For Chat".
- "Enable Text To Speech with Device Settings" to "Text To Speech with Device Settings".
- "Enable UI Screen Reader" to "Text To Speech For UI".
- Ink Sac from Wandering Trader can now be used for crafting and it can be stacked ( ).
- Character Creator
- Emote wheel now supports Screen Reader on Android and iOS devices.
- Split-screen characters are now stored in memory and re-joining the game will keep the character that the player had ( ).
- Fixed upgrade path for
format_version1.13.0 boats to be properly upgraded to 1.16.100, which resolves a bug where boats in templated worlds with a version lower than 1.16.100 had no gravity ( ).
- Documentation for Bedrock Server Commands has been updated to show the correct commands for permission reloading and listing ( ).
- Teleport command now correctly aligns the rotation with the destination entity ( ).
- Selector argument options can again be seen and auto-completed correctly after specifying one ( ).
- Spawn events now show as suggestions for the
/summoncommand ( ).
SendCommandFeedbackno longer prevents display of outgoing messages ( ).
/tickingarea removecommands performed during the same tick will no longer result in inaccurate messages about the number of ticking areas in use.
- Players can no longer overrun the maximum number of standalone ticking areas in use by adding them all in the same tick.
- Score values on the scoreboard now align on the right of the table ( ).
- Stability and Performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing language settings.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Ender Dragon animation to appear jittery ( ).
- Fixed a bug that prevented Actors from initializing their animation component.
Notes and references
- "Minecraft Beta - 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, December 2, 2020.
- "Minecraft Beta - 126.96.36.199 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, December 9, 2020.
- "Minecraft Beta - 188.8.131.52 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, December 17, 2020.
- "Minecraft Beta - 184.108.40.206 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, January 7, 2021.
- "Minecraft Beta - 220.127.116.11 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, January 13, 2021.