Bedrock Edition 1.16.20
|Planned release date||
- Added the piglin brute spawn eggs.
- Stronger variants of piglins that wield golden axes.
- Have 50 × 25 health.
- Only spawn in bastion remnants.
- Unlike piglins, always attack towards the player, even wearing golden armor.
- Can spawn in peaceful difficulty.
- Added a prompt messages for older devices to notify the discontinuation of Gear VR, Windows 10 Mobile, Android devices with less than 768MB of RAM, iOS devices running iOS 10 or below, and video cards that only support DirectX 10.1 or below.
- Added a new achievement details screen.
- Available after gradual roll-out.
- Added Noto Sans font license button and pop-up dialog to Settings screen.
- Now play wood sounds when being placed and stepped on.
- Breaking a furnace now gives the experience for the smelted things inside.
- Now emits a light level of 10.
- Now play sounds when climbed.
- Now floats on lava.
- Now has its own sounds when equipping.
- No longer attack players on peaceful when being too close to them.
- Now have their own sounds.
- Now spawn on peaceful difficulty.
- The attack animation of unarmed piglins has been changed.
- The attack animation has been changed, now uses vindicator attack, rather zombie attack.
- The attack animation of unarmed vindicators has been changed.
- Piglin Brutes can now spawn in bastion remnants.
- Recipe selected items put in the crafting input grid can now be hovered over with controller to see their tooltip names.
- Hovering over recipes will show them in the crafting grid when no recipe is selected.
- Can now deselect the selected recipe when hovering above in the recipe book with the controller.
- Can now clear the crafting grid by clicking the right stick on the controller.
- Map Making and Add-ons
minecraft:behavior.controlled_by_playergoal is now data-driven.
- Physics Component's
has_gravityis now used to decide whether a mob should apply water gravity, if the mob does not have a Navigation Component.
- Ender Crystals can no longer be pushed.
- The Squid's rendering is now data-driven.
- Minecarts are now data-driven.
- This converted minecart rideable, minecarts with chest, with hopper, with command block, and with TNT to be data-driven.
- Items can now override their display name with a localized 'value'.
- Baby pigs now despawn properly.
- Dolphins, fish, and squid now spawn in bubble columns again. ( )
- Mobs max spawn radius is now 44 blocks. ( )
- Walls now connect to open trapdoors. ( )
- Walls now connect to glass blocks. ( )
- Breaking a Furnace will now drop the stored experience from smelting. ( )
- Stem blocks now break again when the block below them is destroyed. ( )
- Using Bonemeal on flowers or grass blocks no longer consumes the item if nothing can grow. ( )
- Wither health bar no longer depletes to zero after half of the health is gone. ( )
- Boats are no longer slowed down by objects with no collision. ( )
- Ambience cave sounds are no longer played in marketplace content.
- Slime blocks pushed by pistons launch players correctly again. ( )
- Soul Campfires now emits correct light level. ( )
- Climbing vines now emits sounds. ( )
- Corrected sound for Nether Wart placement.
- Placing or stepping on Warped or Crimson processed materials or planks now make wood sound. ( )
- Hoglins no longer attack on Peaceful mode when too close. ( )
- Piglins can no longer naturally spawn on Shroomlight.
- Tamed wolves no longer disappear when returning to overworld through a Nether portal.
- Piglins now spawn on peaceful difficulty.
- Netherite items no longer bounce on lava. ( )
- Netherite armor now has a unique sound when equipping. ( )
- Zoglins now have sounds distinct from pigs. ( )
- Speed of credits roll is no longer dependant on framerate.
- Using locate command to find a Ruined Portal will no longer return a placeholder text. ( )
- Hyphae blocks now take as long as stem blocks to destroy. ( )
- New Nether biomes, blocks and structures no longer generate into worlds with a fixed version. ( )
- The tooltip 'Open' is no longer shown when looking at piglins. ( )
- Piglins arms are now behaving more like the player's arms, and less like the zombie's arms. ( )
- Piglin killed with a single blow while admiring Gold Ingot now drops the admired Gold Ingot.
- Fixed issues around duplicating items, when reloading a world while Piglin is admiring an item.
- Netherite items in lava no longer disappear when reloading world. ( )
- Updated Piglin geometry and entity files, fixed issue with scaling carried item for baby humanoid mobs.
- Quartz Block can no longer be created from Chiseled Quartz Block and Pillar Quartz Block in a Furnace.
- Quartz Bricks can no longer be crafted from anything but Quartz Blocks on the Stonecutter.
- Target Block's zones for particular redstone signal strength are no longer misplaced because of old Arrow Geometry.
- We no longer try to draw Netherite in the Beacon UI.
- Setting Soul Sand on fire no longer produces a placeholder Soul Fire block on Pre Nether version locked content.
- Piglin no longer drops up to a full stack of Gold Ingots upon giving him one by right-clicking and reloading a world while he is admiring it, instead it drops something from its loot table.
- Piglins no longer pick up entire stacks of gold. ( )
- Wither boss bar now reappears when returning from other dimensions.
- Piglin no longer spawn with enchanted gear.
- Husks now prefer iron armor over chainmail armor.
- Players can no longer interact with piglin babies.
- Fixed recipes when crafting a barrel from Warped or Crimson slab.
- Pressure plates have been fixed to have no collision again ( )
- Local split-screen players can once again see the ender dragon and ender crystal ( )
- Fixed a crash that occurred on PlayStation 4 due to other players using custom skins.
- The Angry system now checks if the mob with the angry component can attack before broadcasting anger to others, rather than after broadcasting anger to others. This avoids a never-ending loop when multiple mobs triggered each other’s anger indefinitely on Peaceful.
minecraft:rideableis now used again.
- Behavior animation components will no longer try to reload after a suspend resume and a mob/player rides something.
- Drowned geometry is no longer broken in content packs.
- Zombies can spawn underground again ( ).
- Making command selectors use the current position of an actor rather than the previous position of an actor.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Marketplace loading correctly.
- Meeting requirements for some achievements offline will now unlock it after reconnecting.
- Fixed an issue that could cause command blocks to stop working unexpectedly.
- The bounding box of the player used for spawning is now the correct size, so we don't think a player is in a dangerous spot when they are actually safe.
- Parity: Fixed the issue with chests with loot tables not generating loot until opened or destroyed.
- Made using the
/fillcommand more efficient, improving performance.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pressing the Manage Account button in Profile settings.
- Fixed notifications not appearing on iOS.
- Loom blocks will no longer cause an out of memory crash when using high resolution resource packs ( ).
- Legacy chunk upgrades will no longer cause the chunk to become 100% air ( ).
- Players can once again host 8 max player worlds on PlayStation 4 ( ).
/clearnow correctly removes all blocks with the same block name when no data argument is passed in.
- Piglins and Piglin Brutes can now spawn with enchanted weapons ( ).
- Fixed an issue where the Hot Tourist Destination trophy would not unlock when visiting the last required Nether biome on PlayStation 4 ( ).
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from being able to place beehives or bee nests from their inventory after an update ( ).
- Fixed broken trading screen slots on iOS.
- Custom names now modify boss's bars. ( )
- Fixed bug where system language setting for Simplified and Traditional Chinese was not honored by the game
- Nintendo Switch can now upload worlds to Realms again.(
- This fix is still in beta so won’t be available for Realms or non-beta platforms yet.
- Game no longer crashes if a player opens a shulker box they're standing on after rejoining a multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue where some walls were not correctly connected when restarting the world.
- Fishing Rod will now correctly cast when close to a mob ( ).
- Fixed an issue that meant the block highlight/selection box was extending above blocks.
- Fixed an issue with missing animation when breaking bamboo.
- Fixed a graphical issue with glass blocks in City Living world, that affected some devices on Windows 10 .
- Fixed an issue with the skybox background graphics not rendering correctly on some devices.
- "Minecraft Beta - 220.127.116.11 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, June 25, 2020
- "Minecraft Beta - 18.104.22.168 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, July 13, 2020
- "Minecraft Beta - 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, July 16, 2020
- "Important News Regarding Minecraft Mobile" – Minecraft.net, July 8, 2020