Bedrock Edition 1.14.0
|Internal version number||
Android, iOS, Fire OS, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Gear VR, Fire TV, Xbox One, PS4 – December 10, 2019
|Other editions of 1.14|
1.14.0, the first release of Buzzy Bees, is a major update to Bedrock Edition released on December 10–11, 2019, alongside Java Edition 1.15. It adds bees and bee-related items, such as honey blocks and beehives. It also marks the arrival of Bedrock Edition on PlayStation 4, discontinuing the PlayStation 4 Edition and resultantly Legacy Console Edition as a whole.
- Crafted with 6 planks and 3 honeycombs.
- Function the same as bee nests, but does not need a Silk Touch enchanted tool to be dropped.
- Spawn naturally in flower forests, plains, and sunflower plains biomes.
- Can house up to 3 bees.
- Fill up with honey.
- Have a max honey level of 5.
- Can be obtained by using a Silk Touch enchanted tool.
- Crafted with 4 honeycombs.
- Are purely decorative.
- Crafted with 4 honey bottles.
- Drastically reduce movement speed and jump height.
- Can be climbed down, and will drag anything on them when moved by a piston.
- Do not stick to slime blocks.
- Reduce fall damage by 80%.
- Can be drunk by using it, restoring 6 () hunger points.
- Drinking one will also remove the poison effect.
- Can be used to craft sugar and honey blocks.
- Obtained by using a bottle on full bee hives/nests.
- Obtained by using shears on full bee hives/nests.
- Can be used to craft bee hives and honeycomb blocks.
- Added bee spawn egg.
- Have 10 health.
- Live in groups near hives and nests.
- If a bee does not have a home nest, it will wander around until it finds one.
- Can be bred using any flower.
- Adult and baby bees will pollinate flowers, then go back to nests and hives and make honey.
- Attack in a swarm if provoked, or if honey is taken from nests/hives without using a campfire.
- When they attack, they give Poison to the target and dies 50-60 seconds after attacking.
- Are affected by Bane of Arthropods.
- Version exclusive: Added 3 new achievements:
- Bee our guest - Use a campfire to collect honey from a Beehive using a bottle without aggravating the bees (15G)
- Total Beelocation - Move a Bee Nest with 3 bees inside using Silk Touch (30G)
- Sticky Situation - Slide down a honey block to slow your fall (30G)
showtagsgamerule. [more information needed]
- Added support for Bedrock on PlayStation 4 Edition.
- Changed the texture to match Java Edition.
- Are now sorted alphabetically in the Creative inventory.
- Players can no longer start swimming in 1-block deep water.
- Improved performance.
- Added new loading screen tips and trivia.
- Changed the title screen background to reflect bees and items related to them.
- Map-making and add-ons
- Item tags can now be hidden in the UI using the
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when signing into Xbox Live on Android.
- Fixed an issue with kelp growth causing lag in specific chunks. ( )
- Fixed a render distance issue that could cause an old style (limited) world to not load correctly if a player logged out in a specific corner of that world.
- Fixed an issue that was causing scripting error messages to show on the Alien Worlds Marketplace world.
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing chests to become invisible. ( )
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause touch screen controls to become inverted. ( )
- Improved the accuracy of pathfinding for flying mobs.
- Baby pigmen now hold their swords in their hands, rather than around their necks. ( )
- Fixed an issue that was causing sugar cane to break when a nearby water source became waterlogged. ( )
- Arrows and tridents no longer fall through the ground after being deflected by a shield. ( )
- Dragon heads now appear at the correct height. ( )
- Buckets can once again be used to milk cows. ( )
- Milk buckets can again be used to craft cakes. ( )
- Fixed acacia leaves sometimes becoming stuck in the inventory hotbar.
- Placing armor on an armor stand in Creative mode no longer equips it on the player as well.
- Character creator
- Various fixes to the character creator.
- Fixed an issue that was causing worn items to transfer between character creator models unexpectedly.
- Adding or removing the founder's cape now updates the skin in-game without needing to restart.
- Platform restricted skins can now be previewed in the character creator.
- Fixed capes not rendering in some skin packs. ( )
- Fixed another issue that was causing player skins to revert to a default Alex or Steve after relaunching the game.
- Skins that don't roam to Minecraft Earth no longer display "Usable Everywhere" in the character creator.
- Equipping a new custom skin now updates the player model without needing to restart the game.
- Optimized the size of character creator skins to improve performance when playing in multiplayer.
- Fixed the held item bobbing animation when moving in first person view. ( )
- The block breaking animation now shows again if a block is below water when the player is above.
- The player's hand no longer disappears when gliding with elytra. ( )
- Water now renders correctly when kelp is placed next to a glass block.
- User interface
- Fixed a navigation issue that could cause an incorrect focus change when choosing an option from the pause menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause menu flickering when navigating through the character creator.
- The "See Pack in Store" button in the character creator can now be highlighted and selected when using a controller.
- Fixed some misspelled splash text.
- Add-ons and script engine
- Custom entities once again show their health bar correctly while being ridden.
- Fixed an issue with particle billboarding that was causing them to appear flipped in the wrong direction.
- Fixed an issue with pivot points for custom geometry cube models.
- Fixed a bug that was causing tamed entity damage to be counted as coming from mounted players.