This is a list of Bedrock Edition 1.12.0 development versions.
Beta 126.96.36.199 is the sixth beta version released for 1.12.0.
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when switching profiles on Xbox One platform.
- Made several performance improvements related to various UI screens and interactions.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect patch notes showing.
- The Rainbow Collection achievement can now be unlocked.
- Blocks with high translucency no longer stop grass growth. (MCPE-46035)
Beta 188.8.131.52 is the first beta version released for 1.12.0.
- Has been re-added.
- Can only be obtained with the
- Doesn't have any function.
- Allows players to specify a radius circle for players to spawn in.
- Are related to delay option for commands.
- Added a new "Respawn Radius" option in the game settings.
- Added several new commands related to add-ons and mapmaking.
minecraft: prefix for
/give to separate vanilla items and add-on items.
- Added new particles:
- Dedicated servers
- Enabled content logging on from a Bedrock Dedicated Server.
- Item IDs
- Item instance IDs can now be synchronized between clients and servers.
- Command blocks
- Added auto complete to command blocks.
- Added a delay option to command blocks.
- A delay can be added to the command block using the new field. The ticks for this delay are in redstone ticks.
- Now has its own section in the creative inventory, instead of under the chests category.
- Cartography tables and lecterns
- Adjusted and added UI tooltips for both blocks.
- Structure Block
- Now has an outline when placed.
- Wandering traders and zombie villagers
- Villager trading UI no longer opens and closes if the player is standing too far away.
- Clerics can now correctly pathfind to their job sites.
- Villagers that are actively trading with players will no longer run and hide if the raid bell rings.
- Added a sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade, such as during a raid.
- Cured villagers now keep the jobs they had before becoming a zombie.
- Illager captain
- Converting a normal pillager to a captain with the tag command now displays the banner correctly.
- Illager captains now drop banners correctly even if the world is reloaded.
- The Bad Omen effect is now only received when killing an illager captain, and not when dealing non-fatal damage with a bow or damage potion.
- Mob events can now be enabled and disabled in world templates.
- Animations and particles can be added without being linked to entities.
- Inventory, armor, and hand containers can be adapted through scripting.
- Sound effects can now be triggered by animation events.
- Added new executeCommand to the Scripting API.
- Added Scripting events for interaction with items, for example:
- Item picked up
- Item dropped
- Carried item changed
- Added One-shot animation support, allowing the ability to execute a single animation on an entity.
- Particle emitters can now trigger scripting events.
- Updated documentation of actor events, to document client-side usage of actor events in resource packs.
- "Add block" components now use JSON schemas.
- Added a screen to view content log errors.
- The log screen can be opened using Ctrl+H, or by going to Settings and then Profile.
- Added code to allow static validation scripts to be run locally.
- Custom blocks can now be added through Scripting.
- This is currently still a "work in progress" feature, and more functionality will be added in future updates.
- Custom blocks can currently only be added through additional JSON scripting.
- Custom blocks can only be placed with slash commands.
- Added new data-driven particles:
- Llama Spit
- Large Explosions
- Coloured Flames
- Redstone Dust
- Falling Dust
- Enchanting Table
- Added new data-driven animations:
- Fang Attack
- Shulker Bullets
- Updated documentation to include a breaking changes section
- Basic item related events have been exposed to the scripting API. This includes:
- Basic inventory events have been exposed to the scripting API. This includes:
- New block events and two new APIs have been included to query for blocks. This includes:
getBlock(Ticking Area, x, y, z)
getBlock(Ticking Area, PositionObject)
getBlocks(Ticking Area, x min, y min, z min, x max, y max, z max)
getBlocks(Ticking Area, Minimum PositionObject, Maximum PositionObject)
- Allows the scripting API to get the result of a slash command.
- Event data API:
- Allows creators to create event data, register and pass it to the event function.
- Updated demo pack.
- Biome generation is now customizable via behavior packs.
- Now plays when the keyboard shows up on the screen.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Improved chunk loading performance in multiplayer
- Further improvements to performance when using selectors with commands
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching players on Xbox
- Cached resource packs no longer cause lag on Nintendo Switch (MCPE-36976)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when launching the game on some Windows 10 devices
- Fixed a crash that could occur when certain interactive blocks (e.g. beds, chests, furnaces) are loading in when joining a realm.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when engaging in a fight with an elder guardian in an Ocean Monument
- Fixed a crash that could occur when throwing a trident with Loyalty enchantment
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when exiting the game
- Player permissions now apply correctly when more than one operator tries to adjust them
- Arrows that are shot into blocks keep their position when reloading the world
- Area of Effect clouds no longer try to spawn excessive numbers of particles when time of day is changed (MCPE-39595)
- Marketplace resource packs are now immediately applied after downloading in the world edit menu (MCPE-33121)
- The 'Always Day' toggle now correctly animates and shows the correct setting (MCPE-43304)
- Flowing water is no longer left behind after flowing over string (MCPE-36343)
- After the fishing_hook is killed by command the player can now cast the hook again without having to right click twice
- The screen reader prompt no longer appears every time the player adjusts the network settings on Nintendo Switch
- Removed an unnecessary Xbox Live sign-in notification
- Marketplace offers page can now show more than 25 items
- Items that are split between slots in the villager trade window still count as a total trade amount
- Blocks can once again be placed on unlit redstone ore (MCPE-44305)
- World settings now sync correctly between different Xbox devices
- Only players who fought in a raid see and receive the Hero effect in realms now
- Bells now ring when hit with splash and lingering potions
- Mob spawners now only spawn mobs if the light level is below 7 (MCPE-42427)
- Cocoa beans now break and drop when pushed by pistons (MCPE-41868)
- Fixed several related issues with end gateway portals. These should now teleport the player to the correct safe location when used (MCPE-43176, MCPE-43177, MCPE-19699)
- Efficiency pickaxes now break packed ice at a faster rate (MCPE-23648)
- Players that are being healed can still be knocked back by TNT
- Villagers now keep their job when cured (MCPE-42348)
- The grindstone now correctly combines and repairs two damaged items
- You can now interact with blocks with a charged crossbow on touch devices
- The Bad Omen effect is now only received when killing a pillager captain, and not when dealing non-fatal damage with a bow or damage potion
- Fixed various scenarios where certain blocks couldn't be placed until the game was restarted
- World Generation
- Fixed a bug on dedicated servers and realms which could cause the wrong block types to generate
- Tweaked the number of job sites in villages
- Cured villagers now keep their jobs
- Vindicators can now path correctly over carpet during raids
- The Wither no longer plays its spawning animation when reloading a world (MCPE-32415)
- Mobs will no longer path-find over Brewing Stands
- Added sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade (during a Raid, for instance)
- Pillager captains now drop banners correctly even if the world is reloaded
- Mobs will now spawn on double slabs (MCPE-30765)
- Re-added zombie villager sounds
- Mobs no longer get stuck when pathfinding on ladders (MCPE-43034)
- Added new Wandering Trader sounds
- Converting a normal Pillager to a Captain with tag commands now displays the banner correctly
- Evoker no longer moves too fast in "move to village" goal
- Villagers that are actively trading with players will no longer run and hide if the raid bell rings
- Clerics can now correctly pathfind to their jobsites
- Scaffolding can no longer be placed on conduit blocks (this matches Java now)
- The bell now swings towards a player when it is hit (matching Java) (MCPE-42469)
- Dropped items no longer prevent Mine Carts from being placed on Rails
- Empty glass bottles will now stack correctly when removed from brewing stands (MCPE-42175)
- Shields no longer appear too bright in item frames (MCPE-41222)
- Fixed sea grass texture brightness (MCPE-34795)
- Barrel item is now in proper place in creative inventory (MCPE-43946)
- Fixed a z-fighting texture issue on some villager skins
- Corrected the position of leads on Wolves
- Noteblock particles now correctly correspond to the notes played
- Fixed missing zombie villager skin
- Farmland now has the correct side and bottom texture (MCPE-42746)
- Fixed door and trapdoor texture issues (MCPE-43173)
- Dyed leather horse armor color no longer affects other horse armor (MCPE-43230)
- User Interface
- Added controller tooltips for Lectern UI
- Adjusted Cartography UI to fit Android screens when using Classic UI
- Villager trading UI no longer opens and closes if the player is standing too far away
- Added lectern UI controller tooltip
- Add-Ons and Script Engine
- Fixed a scripting bug that could cause the player to float
- Pickblock (middle click) now works correctly on non-vanilla entities that have been added using add-ons (MCPE-38205)
- ScriptAttackComponent and ScriptCollisionBoxComponent now correctly retrieve updated data
- Functions ran on a game loop now use an origin which has Game Master permissions, not Owner permissions
- Added a new constructor parameter to the ServerCommandOrigin so that the Function Manager can create an instance with upgraded permissions
Beta 184.108.40.206 is the second beta version released for 1.12.0.
- Added new splash texts:
- "All blocks covered!"
- "It came from space."
- "Rainbow turtle?"
- "Something funny!"
- "I need more context."
- "Don't worry, be happy!"
- "Water bottle!"
- "What's the question?"
- "Plant a tree!"
- "Go to the dentist!"
- "What do you expect?"
- "Look mum, I'm in a splash!"
- Menu screen
- The "Store" button has been renamed to "Marketplace".
- The Behavior Pack template once again contains the 'spawn_rules' folder.
- Recipe and item JSON files have been added to the Behavior Pack template.
- Removed splashes referencing Notch:
- "Made by Notch!"
- "The Work of Notch!"
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when loading certain marketplace worlds
- Improved performance around villages and villager job sites
- Fixed a memory leak that occurred with the Script Engine
- Updated the main menu splash text
- Fixed an issue where consuming the last item in a stack to unlock an achievement could cause the achievement not to unlock
- Player models no longer have flipped arms and legs. (MCPE-44718)
- The Haggler achievement once again unlocks when requirements are met
- Villager trading now properly takes away items from the second slot, when applicable
- Shields and tridents are no longer invisible when held (MCPE-44647)
- Players no longer see through the world when clipping into blocks after leaving a boat (MCPE-42593)
- Tamed tuxedo cats now use the proper texture (MCPE-43527)
- Stray cats can no longer claim beds in villages for worlds converted from version 1.10 (MCPE-44299)
- Villagers now always spawn as V1 when using template worlds, including Marketplace worlds
- Witches no longer jump when attacking
- Fixed some geometry animation issues for various skin packs
- The ghast spinning model in monster spawners is now the correct size
- Improved pathing for variable sized mobs
- Zombies and vindicators now break doors down faster
- Fixed wandering trader podzol and coral trades
- Fletchers now trade 16 arrows instead of 5
- Changed the cost of butcher's cooked rabbit trade
- Leatherworker's saddle trade is lowered from 10 to 6 emeralds
- Flowing lava once again turns into cobblestone when hit by water (MCPE-43990)
- Frosted ice blocks can now be broken (MCPE-41256)
- Slabs and other non-solid blocks once again prevent grass from growing on dirt (MCPE-42975)
- Logs can once again be turned into stripped logs with axes (MCPE-44680)
- Rails at a T-junction once again change directions when powered by redstone (MCPE-44735)
- Fixed smokers not having the correct texture underneath (MCPE-43944)
- Armor stands can once again hold armor stand items
- Correct colors of wool are now displayed as a material required to create colored banners in the recipe book
- Fixed several items not losing durability when used
- The player's arm is no longer displaced in first person view after eating food (MCPE-40135)
- Composter growth particles now appear in the correct location
- Fixed animated textures for flowing lava and water on several texture packs
- Bamboo leaves are now lighter and match the Java texture (MCPE-42635)
- Fixed gray textures that sometimes appeared on doors and trapdoors
- User Interface
- Attempting to combine stacks of the same item no longer swaps them instead on touch controls
- Items are no longer lost when swapping to and from the off-hand slot on touch controls (MCPE-44706)
- The How to Play button on the Cartography Table now directs to the proper screen
- Sweet berries no longer disappear on the hotbar when they are highlight
- Killing a wandering trader's llama can no longer show their inventory screen
- Removed "tile" prefix in the
/give command (MCPE-44667)
- Blocks and entities that aren't available in the Creative inventory no longer require the "minecraft" namespace when used as parameters in slash commands
- Commands can now be auto-completed on command blocks without leading with a / (MCPE-44679)
- Add-Ons and Script Engine
minecraft:entity_use_item documentation now generates correctly
- Corrected Block Event descriptions
- Custom entities now correctly re-evaluate current target validity
- 'getBlocks' now returns a 3D array of block objects
- Fixed incorrect component name for entities with the new 'water_movement 'component
- getBlock and getBlocks now correctly handle getting a block when given an actor position (or any non-integer position)
Beta 220.127.116.11 is the third beta version released for 1.12.0.
- Menu screen
- Signs no longer break after being cloned to an area without support.
- Added API documentation for the log function.
- Increased the frequency and volume of the ambient mob sounds made during raids, to make them easier to locate.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on dedicated servers
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to create a new template world
- Fixed a crash on Nintendo Switch that could occur when suspending and resuming the game
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur while navigating various UI screens
- Frosted ice that is waiting to melt no longer causes excessive lag (MCPE-39698)
- Comparators that powered when loaded, turned off, and then on again in one tick will now correctly stop outputting power when it is off for the one tick
- Fixed an issue with an incorrect spawn point after respawn on Mario Mash-Up pack
- Removed the sand trade from the wandering trader and adjusted the cost of a diamond hoe on the toolsmith
- Resource packs are now applied correctly after downloading through the world or global settings
- Fixed an issue with player skins not loading correctly between devices
- Dates appear again next to player earned achievements in the achievements menu
- 'Zombie Doctor' achievement now unlocks when the player cures a zombie villager
- Players no longer clip through walls when transitioning from swimming to standing up in water
- Players now receive damage when trapped in fallen sand/gravel (MCPE-45704)
- Combining two heavily damaged tools in the crafting table now creates a tool with the correct durability
- Iron golems no longer run to the world center after its village is destroyed (MCPE-45509)
- Spiders can correctly path-find over obstacles again
- Tweaked polar bear head position animation
- Tinted spawn eggs are now properly scaled in item frames
- Red sandstone stairs now have correct textures on all sides (MCPE-20677)
- Updated the glass texture for locked maps in the cartography table UI (MCPE-43314)
- User Interface
- Going back to the Play screen (or Settings screen) will now properly select the previously selected tab when Text to Speech is enabled
- Fixed an issue on Xbox that could prevent the menus from being navigated after signing in to a Microsoft account
- The book icon in the enchantment table UI is no longer overlapping the runic inscription (Pocket UI)
- The "Wheel Turning" button is now only shown once in the Minecraft VR settings
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused command blocks to fail to execute commands for no apparent reason
Beta 18.104.22.168 is the fourth beta version released for 1.12.0.
- Removed the 'byte order mark' at the beginning of function files if it exists
- Updated ScriptHotbarContainerComponent's generateDocumentation function to say it checks the player's first hotbar item slot, not their third
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the game was checking for previously downloaded content
- Made further improvements to performance around new villages
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when exiting the game on Windows 10
- Reduced the amount of memory required to load textures
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading the game
- Fixed a crash that could occur when throwing an egg or snowball (MCPE-40435)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when flaming arrow entities were being loaded in
- Fixed a global resources crash on Android
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trading with a villager
- Fixed a bug that would cause a performance drop when mobs produced splashing particles when entering water
- Improved block occlusion performance
- Improved performance related to chunk loading
- Custom skins are now applied correctly without needing to restart the game to see them (MCPE-37926)
- Made item names more consistent by removing 'tile' from the beginning of some of them
- The "Invite to Game" button is no longer enabled on third party servers
- Made improvements to roaming skins, which should apply correctly after reloading or reinstalling the game and signing in
- Custom skins no longer keep revert to an earlier cross-platform skin after reloading the game (MCPE-45476)
- The ‘Iron Belly’ achievement can be unlocked once again (MCPE-46260)
- Acacia planks can be crafted correctly once again (MCPE-44398)
- Village job site blocks now have consistent sound volume levels when used by players
- Players now consistently receive items when completing a trade with a villager and using a controller
- The player paper doll model now moves correctly when the player is gliding with Elytra (MCPE-44731)
- Using Pickblock on sweet berry bushes now gives the player the correct item (MCPE-41877)
- Fireworks now correctly boost elytra flight if provided through
- Bone meal is now consumed correctly when used on grass
- Paintings can now be crafted from dyed wool
- Players no longer lose villager job site locations if they replace a job site block that is tied to an experienced villager
- Players can no longer lose or duplicate banner patterns when switching them in a loom with a full inventory
- Cactus blocks of different growth stages can be smelted into green dye again (MCPE-42497)
- Fixed an issue with missing button icons in the How to Play section on Switch
- Pressing controller Y on the cartography output slot now only crafts the correct amount
- Re-established a fix to keep legacy trades working the way they used to
- Llamas now drop their leads if their wandering trader is killed (MCPE-44704)
- Cats and villagers now have the correct head position when sitting and sleeping (MCPE-44648)
- Tamed cats no longer slide around while sitting (MCPE-44491)
- Armor stands now render off-hand items correctly
- Villagers without professions now follow regular schedules
- Parrot legs are now aligned correctly when flying
- Fixed creeper model in some marketplace maps
- Updated illager captain banner texture
- Fire particles no longer display on empty mob spawner blocks
- Tweaked arrow rendering timing to improve VR experience
- Fixed a small error in the bell texture UV
- Killing a rideable entity no longer respawns its rider when killed in the same tick
/testforblock command now works reliably with items renamed in the language files
- Add-Ons and Script Engine
- Custom underwater mobs can now spawn naturally
Beta 22.214.171.124 is the fifth beta version released for 1.12.0.
- Removed the byte order mark at the beginning of function files if it exists.
- Updated ScriptHotbarContainerComponent's generateDocumentation function to say it checks the player's first hotbar item slot, not their third.
- Removing a timer component and adding a new one should no longer have the new timer inherit the old timer's time value.
- Included a fix to allow for json content that refers to blocks with 'tile.' at the front of it to be looked up successfully.
- Now golden apples and enchanted golden apples have rarity tooltips.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Nintendo Switch when the game was saving or loading (MCPE-45862)
- Fixed a marketplace issue that could result in the game getting stuck or crashing when loading in content
- Made further performance improvements when opening inventory screens (MCPE-27167)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when signing in to Xbox Live
- Fixed a crash that could occur when breaking a bell (MCPE-46636)
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze or stop responding (MCPE-46654)
- Made some further performance improvements around Villages and job sites
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when changing skins
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading in a roaming skin
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Switch
- Several other performance improvements, included some related to mob AI pathfinding
- The marketplace search screen now displays the proper pack icons
- Fixed Marketplace sale items not showing the discount percentage
- Marketplace sale items no longer change size when hovered over
- The 'New' tag will be properly removed from a Marketplace collection once it has been viewed
- Replaced some missing Marketplace screenshots
- Made improvements to the patch notes to make sure the correct ones show up after an update
- Fixed an issue with skins not loading in correctly after restarting the game
- Several fixes and improvements related to game invites:
- Fixed a bug that would prevent a player from creating or loading a world, or cause a crash, after attempting and failing to join another world via an * * invite
- Fixed an issue that prevented the player from joining a world or server after receiving an invite
- Players should no longer see the "Unable to connect to World" message when trying to enter own Realm or any area from Friends tab after failed attempt to join a game
- Fixed a loading screen issue that could prevent split screen players on console from joining the world correctly
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from feeding hay bales to animals in order to breed them
- Players now respawn at the correct spawn point when they die
- Players can now respawn successfully without having to exit and re-join the world first
- Iron Golems now sway when walking
- Fixed the sitting model for cats that were previously tamed ocelots (MCPE-41929)
- Enchanted armor and bows now show their shimmering effect again (MCPE-45750)
- User Interface
- Fixed a controller bug when navigating through the Marketplace
- The crafting grid no longer clears when the gamepad cursor moves to any non-recipe book slot
- Add-Ons and Script Engine
- Fixed an issue that was preventing custom blocks from registering successfully
- Fixed an issue with custom items and blocks not requiring the namespace for slash commands
Beta 126.96.36.199 is the seventh beta version released for 1.12.0, which fixed some bugs.
- Improved FPS performance related to various particles:
- Enderman's teleporting particles no longer cause consistent FPS drop, especially during boss fights
- Improved performance related to bubble columns, improving FPS during underwater exploration
- Fixed several more issues where the player's skin would revert to a default one if the network connection changed
- Skins equipped from the 'Recently used' section are now correctly applied when selected
- Minecoin offers now display correct amount of coins given in offer
- V2 zombie villagers now have the correct name in death messages instead of a placeholder name (MCPE-45932)
- Command selectors are back to resolving in less that 0.5ms as opposed to 4+ms
villager_v2 works in selectors again, and targets both villager and v2 villagers
- ↑ "Minecraft Beta - 188.8.131.52 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, June 6, 2019
- ↑ "Minecraft Beta - 184.108.40.206 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, April 17, 2019
- ↑ "Minecraft Beta - 220.127.116.11 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, May 1, 2019
- ↑ "All the new Splashes added in the 18.104.22.168 Beta update. More than i would have expected. Also. Mum. They spelt it the correct way 😅" – @ryfol, May 2, 2019
- ↑ "Minecraft Beta - 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, May 8, 2019
- ↑ "Minecraft Beta - 126.96.36.199 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, May 22, 2019
- ↑ "Minecraft Beta - 188.8.131.52 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, June 3, 2019
- ↑ "Minecraft Beta - 184.108.40.206 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, June 11, 2019