The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Bedrock Edition 1.12.0
iOS, Fire OS, Fire TV, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Gear VR, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch: July 9, 2019
1.12.0 is a major update to Bedrock Edition released on July 9–10, 2019. This update mostly focuses on map-making features by re-adding the camera, adding new game rules and command-related features, and expanding add-on mechanics.
- Has been re-added.
- Can only be obtained with the
- Can only be obtained with the
- Only as an item form, not as an entity.
- Added several new commands related to add-ons and mapmaking.
- Allows players to specify a radius circle for players to spawn in.
- Are related to delay option for commands.
/giveto separate vanilla items and add-on items.
- Added a new "Respawn Radius" option in the game settings.
- Added new particles:
- Dedicated servers
- Enabled content logging on Bedrock Dedicated Servers.
- Item IDs
- Item instance IDs can now be synchronized between clients and servers.
- Added new splash texts:
- "All blocks covered!"
- "It came from space."
- "Rainbow turtle?"
- "Something funny!"
- "I need more context."
- "Don't worry, be happy!"
- "Water bottle!"
- "What's the question?"
- "Plant a tree!"
- "Go to the dentist!"
- "What do you expect?"
- "Look mum, I'm in a splash!"
- Updated their texture brightness to match Java Edition. ( , )
- Now have their own section in the Creative inventory, instead of under the chests category. ( )
- Adjusted and added UI tooltips for both blocks.
- Added auto complete to command blocks.
- Added a delay option to command blocks.
- A delay can be added to the command block using the new field. The ticks for this delay are in redstone ticks.
- Now have an outline when placed.
- Now have rarity tooltips.
- Converting a normal pillager to a captain with the tag command now displays the banner correctly.
- Now drop banners correctly even if the world is reloaded.
- The Bad Omen effect is now only received when killing an illager captain, and not when dealing non-fatal damage with a bow or damage potion.
- Villager trading UI no longer opens and closes if the player is standing too far away.
- Clerics can now correctly pathfind to their job sites.
- Fletchers now sell 16 arrows instead of 5.
- Butchers now sell 5 cooked rabbit for 1 emerald instead of 5.
- Leatherworkers now sell 1 saddle for 6 emeralds instead of 10.
- Toolsmiths now sell 1 diamond hoe for 4 emeralds instead of 9.
- Villagers that are actively trading with players no longer run and hide if the raid bell rings.
- Added a sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade, such as during a raid.
- Cured villagers now keep the jobs they had before becoming a zombie.
- Added new sounds.
- Improved performance.
- Changed the chat font to Segoe UI.
- New items can now be added with add-ons.
- Mob events can now be enabled and disabled in world templates.
- Animations and particles can be added without being linked to entities.
- Inventory, armor, and hand containers can be adapted through scripting.
- Sound effects can now be triggered by animation events.
- Added new executeCommand to the Scripting API.
- Added Scripting events for interaction with items, for example:
- Item picked up
- Item dropped
- Carried item changed
- Added One-shot animation support, allowing the ability to execute a single animation on an entity.
- Particle emitters can now trigger scripting events.
- Updated documentation of actor events, to document client-side usage of actor events in resource packs.
- "Add block" components now use JSON schemas.
- Added a screen to view content log errors.
- The log screen can be opened using Ctrl+H, or by going to Settings and then Profile.
- Added code to allow static validation scripts to be run locally.
- Custom blocks can now be added through Scripting.
- This is currently still a "work in progress" feature, and more functionality will be added in future updates.
- Custom blocks can currently only be added through additional JSON scripting.
- Custom blocks can only be placed with slash commands.
- Added new data-driven particles:
- Llama Spit
- Large Explosions
- Colored Flames
- Redstone Dust
- Falling Dust
- Enchanting Table
- Added new data-driven animations:
- Fang Attack
- Shulker Bullets
- Updated documentation to include a breaking changes section
- Basic item related events have been exposed to the scripting API. This includes:
- Basic inventory events have been exposed to the scripting API. This includes:
- New block events and two new APIs have been included to query for blocks. This includes:
getBlock(Ticking Area, x, y, z)
getBlock(Ticking Area, PositionObject)
getBlocks(Ticking Area, x min, y min, z min, x max, y max, z max)
getBlocks(Ticking Area, Minimum PositionObject, Maximum PositionObject)
- Allows the scripting API to get the result of a slash command.
- Event data API:
- Allows creators to create event data, register and pass it to the event function.
- Updated demo pack.
- Biome generation is now customizable via behavior packs.
- Now still plays when the keyboard is being used.
- The "Store" button has been renamed to "Marketplace".
- The Village & Pillage panorama should now properly appear instead of 1.8.0 or Update Aquatic.
- Realm owners can now set relevant permissions for players invited to their Realm.
- Default settings can be set for all new members entering a Realm.
- The owner can set permissions for an invited player to either visitor, member or operator.
- When resetting a world, or uploading a new world, already set permissions stay in place.
- Removed the following splashes:
- "[snapshot intensifies]!"
- "There's no stopping the Trollmaso."
- Increased the frequency and volume of the ambient mob sounds made during raids, to make them easier to locate.
- Player positioning
- The player's position now adjusts to the gap they are within:
- 1.5 blocks: sneaking posture
- <1 block: swimming animation
- Being forced into an area under two blocks high causes the player to adopt the appropriate posture.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when launching the game on some Windows 10 devices.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when certain interactive blocks are loading in when joining a Realm (e.g. beds, chests, furnaces).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching players on Xbox One.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when engaging in a fight with an elder guardian in an ocean monument.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when throwing an egg or snowball. ( )
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trading with a villager.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when throwing a trident with Loyalty enchantment.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Nintendo Switch when the game was saving or loading. ( )
- Fixed a crash on Nintendo Switch that could occur when suspending and resuming the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when signing into Xbox Live.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when choosing a skin on the first launch of the game.
- Fixed a Marketplace issue that could result in the game getting stuck or crashing when loading in items.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the game was checking for previously downloaded content.
- Made further performance improvements when opening inventory screens. ( )
- Made several performance improvements related to various UI screens and interactions.
- Significantly reduced bandwidth usage by allowing the client to reuse chunks it has already seen.
- Improved chunk loading performance in multiplayer.
- Improved performance around new villages and villager job sites.
- Several other performance improvements, including some related to mob AI pathfinding.
- Frosted ice blocks no longer drops performance while they're melting. ( )
- Endermen teleporting particles no longer cause consistent performance drops, especially during boss fights.
- Reduced the amount of memory required to load textures.
- Cached resource packs no longer decrease performance on Nintendo Switch. ( )
- Removed an unnecessary Xbox Live sign-in notification.
- Fixed an issue where consuming the last item in a stack to unlock an achievement could cause the achievement not to unlock.
- The "Haggler" achievement once again unlocks when requirements are met.
- The "Zombie Doctor" achievement now unlocks when curing a zombie villager. ( )
- Marketplace resource packs are now immediately applied after downloading in the world edit menu. ( )
- Player permissions now apply correctly when more than one operator tries to adjust them.
- Made improvements to roaming skins, which should apply correctly after reloading or reinstalling the game and signing in.
- Custom skins are now applied correctly without needing to restart the game to see them (on compatible platforms). ( , )
- Skins equipped from the "Recent" section are once again applied when selected.
- World settings now sync correctly between different Xbox One devices.
- Resource packs are now applied correctly after downloading through the world or global settings.
- Newly purchased Realms are now always visible after finalizing the purchase.
- Fixed an issue that would show an error message when attempting to renew a Realm subscription on Xbox One. ( )
- Fixed several related issues with end gateway portals. These should now teleport the player to the correct safe location when used. ( , , )
- Villager trading now properly takes away items from the second slot, when applicable. ( )
- Only players who fought in a raid now receive the Hero of the Village effect in Realms.
- Players no longer see through the world when clipping into blocks after leaving a boat. ( )
- Players can now interact with blocks while holding a charged crossbow on touch devices.
- Players no longer clip through walls when transitioning from swimming to standing in water.
- Players that are being healed can now still be knocked back by TNT.
- Arrows that are shot into blocks keep their position when reloading the world.
- Area of Effect clouds no longer try to spawn excessive numbers of particles when the time of day is changed. ( )
- Corrected the position of leads on wolves.
- Tamed cats no longer slide around while sitting. ( )
- Fixed the missing taiga zombie villager skin.
- Fixed a z-fighting texture issue on some villager skins.
- Dyed leather horse armor color no longer affects other horse armor. ( )
- Vindicators can now path correctly over carpet during raids.
- The wither no longer plays its spawning animation when reloading a world. ( )
- Mobs no longer path-find over brewing stands.
- Added a sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade (like during a raid).
- Mobs now spawn on double slabs. ( )
- Fixed the sitting model for cats that were previously tamed ocelots. ( )
- Fixed missing zombie villager sounds. ( )
- New zombie villagers now have the correct name in death messages instead of a placeholder name. ( )
- Mobs no longer get stuck when pathfinding on ladders. ( )
- Evokers no longer move too fast when moving towards villages in raids.
- Mobs no longer spawn inside leaves during raids.
- Villagers that are actively trading with players no longer run and hide when the raid bell rings.
- Tamed tuxedo cats now use the proper texture. ( )
- Stray cats can no longer claim beds in villages for worlds converted from version 1.10. ( )
- The ghast spinning model in monster spawners is now the correct size.
- Fixed the wandering trader's podzol and coral trades.
- Removed the sand trade from the wandering trader.
- Iron golems no longer run to the world center after their village is destroyed. ( )
- Villagers without professions now follow regular schedules and actually sleep.
- Fixed the creeper model in some Marketplace maps.
- Fixed various scenarios where certain blocks couldn't be placed until the game was restarted.
- Frosted ice blocks can now be broken. ( )
- Flowing lava once again turns into cobblestone when hit by water. ( )
- Red sandstone stairs now have correct textures on all sides. ( )
- Players no longer lose villager job site locations if they replace a job site block that is tied to an experienced villager.
- Village job site blocks now have consistent sound volume levels when used by players.
- Scaffolding can no longer be placed on conduit blocks.
- The bell now swings towards a player when it is hit. ( )
- Note block particles now correctly correspond to the notes played.
- The grindstone now correctly combines and repairs two damaged items.
- Farmland now has the correct side and bottom textures. ( )
- Smokers now have the correct bottom texture. ( )
- Fixed door and trapdoor textures. ( )
- Cocoa beans now break and drop when pushed by pistons. ( )
- Slabs and other non-solid blocks once again prevent grass from growing on dirt. ( )
- Flowing water is no longer left behind after flowing over string. ( )
- Bells now ring when hit with splash and lingering potions.
- Composter growth particles now appear in the correct location.
- Blocks can once again be placed on unlit redstone ore. ( )
- Fixed animated textures for flowing lava and water on several texture packs.
- Efficiency pickaxes now break packed ice at a faster rate. ( )
- Dropped items no longer prevent minecarts from being placed on rails.
- Empty glass bottles now stack correctly when removed from brewing stands. ( )
- Banner patterns can no longer be lost or duplicated when switching them in a loom with a full inventory.
- Using pick block on sweet berry bushes now gives the player the correct item. ( )
- Bone meal is now consumed correctly when used on grass.
- Cactus blocks of different growth stages can be smelted into green dye again. ( )
- Stripped birch wood is no longer used to craft acacia planks when playing on Realms. ( )
- Shields no longer appear too bright in item frames. ( )
- Updated the illager banner texture. ( )
- The correct colors of wool are now displayed as a material required to create colored banners in the recipe book.
- The player's arm is no longer displaced in first-person view after eating food. ( )
- Tinted spawn eggs are now properly scaled in item frames.
- World generation
- Fixed a bug on dedicated servers and Realms which could cause the wrong block types to generate in the world.
- Tweaked the number of job sites that generate in villages.
- User interface
- Updated the glass texture for locked maps in the cartography table UI. ( )
- Adjusted the cartography table screen to fit Android screens when using Classic UI.
- Pressing the Y button on a controller on the cartography table output slot now only crafts the correct amount.
- Added controller tooltips for the lectern screen.
- Items that are split between slots in the villager trading screen still count as a total trade amount.
- The How to Play button on the cartography table now directs to the proper screen.
- Killing a wandering trader's llama can no longer display their inventory screen.
- The screen reader prompt no longer appears every time network settings are adjusted on Nintendo Switch.
- The "Always Day" toggle now correctly animates and shows the correct setting. ( )
- Dates appear again next to player earned achievements in the achievements menu.
- The 'Invite to Game' button is no longer enabled on featured servers.
- Going back to the Play screen (or Settings screen) now properly selects the previously selected tab when Text to Speech is enabled.
- The "Wheel Turning" button is now only shown once in the Minecraft VR settings.
- Made improvements to the patch notes to make sure the correct ones show up after an update.
- The Marketplace search screen now displays the proper pack icons.
- The "New" tag is now properly removed from a Marketplace collection once it has been viewed.
- Fixed Marketplace sale items not showing the discount percentage.
- Further improvements to performance when using selectors with commands.
- Removed "tile" prefix in the
/givecommand. ( )
- Made item names more consistent by removing "tile" from the beginning of some of them.
- Blocks and entities that aren't available in the Creative inventory no longer require the "
minecraft:" namespace when used as parameters in commands.
- After 'fishing_hook' is killed by command, players can now cast the hook again without having to cast twice.
- Killing a rideable entity no longer respawns its rider when killed in the same tick.
/testforblockcommand now works reliably with items renamed in the language files.
- Add-ons and script engine
- The behavior pack template once again contains the 'spawn_rules' folder.
- Removing a timer component and adding a new one should no longer have the new timer inherit the old timer's time value.
- Custom underwater mobs can now spawn naturally.
- Custom entities now correctly re-evaluate current target validity.
getBlocksnow returns a 3D array of block objects.
- Fixed a scripting issue that could cause the player to float.
ScriptCollisionBoxComponentnow correctly retrieve updated data.
- Pick block now works correctly on non-vanilla entities that have been added using add-ons. ( )
- Functions ran on a game loop now use an origin which has Game Master permissions, not Owner permissions.
- Added a new constructor parameter to the '
ServerCommandOrigin' so that the function manager can create an instance with upgraded permissions.
- Added a new constructor parameter to the '
- Player position is now reported for the player feet like other mobs.
- Collision Box and Attack components report the correct data now.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.12.0 (Bedrock)" – Minecraft Feedback, July 9, 2019
- "All the new Splashes added in the 18.104.22.168 Beta update. More than i would have expected. Also. Mum. They spelt it the correct way 😅" – @ryfol, May 2, 2019